Kartris edit and customization

Posted By [email protected] Wed 14 Mar 2018
Add to Favorites0
[email protected]
 Posted Wed 14 Mar 2018
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (3,094 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,094 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,094 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,094 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,094 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,094 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,094 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,094 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,094 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Thu 12 Jul 2018
Hi guys,

I'm using Kartris to run one of my websites. I have a few questions that I'd like to ask:

1. Menu bar: before login, users will only see "please login" and after they login, they will see the details of what include in the menu bar. Is this possible to do without customization?

2. When uploading product, it is default to show image and name of the product on the website. I want to add a short description about the product and its price. Is this possible to do within css and without customization?

3. is it possible to add a side bar with filter options without creating a page to hold the filter? Also, can you let me know if it is possible to add a product size bar, where we can adjust the size of product and the website will show different results?

Thank you for your support.
Paul
 Posted Wed 14 Mar 2018
große Käse

große Käse - (449,982 reputation)große Käse - (449,982 reputation)große Käse - (449,982 reputation)große Käse - (449,982 reputation)große Käse - (449,982 reputation)große Käse - (449,982 reputation)große Käse - (449,982 reputation)große Käse - (449,982 reputation)große Käse - (449,982 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
1. It's possible, see this:

https://kartris.tome.host/tc/9779

2. There are different display modes for products. I think the 'normal' one might suit you more, or maybe 'extended'. There are details of the templates and CSS classes used for displaying these, in case you wish to modify them:

https://kartris.tome.host/tc/10211

3. There is a paid add-on which provides filtering:

https://kartris.tome.host/tc/10105

This allows filtering by attribute values, and also by price range. It could be modified to filter by another range too, though this isn't something it does by default. But you might find that setting attribute ranges would probably enough filtering to allow products to be found easily.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
Tiggywiggler Marked As Answer
 Posted Wed 14 Mar 2018
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (105,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,332 reputation)

Last Active: Mon 6 Dec 2021
From personal experience, the filter is a very useful additional and worth the extra expense.

We are always willing to help out the community or pitch in to help you fix a problem. However, if you want a complete solution made such as a code module or new feature added you have two options. Either
1) Reach out to the Kartris internal development team at http://www.kartris.com/Contact.aspx.
2) Contact one of the Kartris approved partners at http://www.kartris.com/t-Worldwide-Developers.aspx.

Have fun and good luck coding.
[email protected]
 Posted Mon 19 Mar 2018
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (3,094 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,094 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,094 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,094 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,094 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,094 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,094 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,094 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,094 reputation)

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your support. I would like to ask further question about this.

1. Please refer to image "product display": followed your instruction, we have the reuiqred login option at the buttons "Account" and "0 item". However, we are not able to hide the sub-category at the menu (Shop - explore - contact buttons). Can you please let me know how to do it?

2. I followed the link instruction but the options that i have (as in attached image) is different from the instruction from the link. Can you let me know why we have the different? I'm using kartris 9011.

Thank you very much.
 product display.png (4 views, 192.93 KB)
 Shop tab.png (3 views, 733.93 KB)
Mon 19 Mar 2018 by [email protected]
Paul
 Posted Mon 19 Mar 2018
große Käse

große Käse - (449,982 reputation)große Käse - (449,982 reputation)große Käse - (449,982 reputation)große Käse - (449,982 reputation)große Käse - (449,982 reputation)große Käse - (449,982 reputation)große Käse - (449,982 reputation)große Käse - (449,982 reputation)große Käse - (449,982 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
1. That doesn't look like the stock Kartris skin and menu. The arrangement looks like a mega-menu, quite possibly it is hardcoded or at the very least, the Kartris one has been customized. I assume the developer that designed the skin designed this arrangement. Go to the back end, find which skin is selected (languages & email page), then you can access the files for that in FTP, download it to your local version and start to explore the code there.

2. The image you show is the selection for the product display default method, which is set globally in the config settings. Within each category, you can then control whether it uses this global default (which is the top option in the dropdown menu at the top here https://kartris.tome.host/tc/10211), or you can choose to override that default setting for any categories if you wish.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
[email protected]
 Posted Mon 19 Mar 2018
Supreme Being

Thank you for your quick response Paul.

I will forward your response to my developer and see how it goes.
[email protected]
 Posted Thu 5 Apr 2018
Supreme Being

Hi,

Could these highlighted changes in the attached image be made without modifying customeraccount.aspx?

Thanks.
 Screenshot 2018-04-05 12.11.50.png (5 views, 594.09 KB)
[email protected]
 Posted Thu 14 Jun 2018
Supreme Being

Hi guys,

I would like to check if the filter add-on (https://kartris.tome.host/tc/10105) can do the following so that I can be sure before I buy it. I also attach here some images of how I would like the the search & filter to look like. Please let me know if they are possible to do with the add-on. MANY THANKS Smile

For Search:

• The view when user clicks any categorieslisted under ‘SHOP’, or searches keywords in the search bar

• Three columns, as below. leaving space on side for filter system

• Displaying image, Code, Description (max30 characters or so), Price

• Restrained within background div in acool grey/blue

• Product image thumbnails to be betterquality than what currently shows on website!

• When search bar is typed in, it predictsand displays up to 5 product options in a drop down relating to what they havetyped (as shown in example on the next page)

For Product Filter:

• Filter system can be used when the user clicks on a category from the SHOP drop down tab

• Filter system will allow the user to narrow their search down to show less, more specific results.

• There will be a different filter system for each of the following: Chain, Pearl, Findings, Pendants, Earrings, Miscellaneous

• Chain, Pendant and Earring categories will not have metal type options in the filter, as you select this already in the SHOP tab drop down.

• Each pearl sub category will have the same filter options, if someone selected specific colours within the Akoya category for example (there is only white) it would simply say ‘No search results’

• Pearls will have a reponsive bar for thepearl sizes option in filter system.

User can choose asmany or as little refinement options as they would like

Filter.png (6 views, 232.37 KB)
 SHOP.png (7 views, 126.58 KB)
Tiggywiggler
 Posted Fri 15 Jun 2018
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (105,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,332 reputation)

Last Active: Mon 6 Dec 2021
Hello sir,

Some of the questions you are asking here (e.g. "Product image thumbnails to be betterquality than what currently show) are not related to the filter tool, these are related to the Kartris product and the quality of the images uploaded, so installing the filter add-on will not have any effect.

Looking at the list of questions you have raised I think that your question is too broad to be answered here and should be directed towards a Kartris developer or the Kartris owner team. This list looks more like a development wish list or feature requirement list.

We are always willing to help out the community or pitch in to help you fix a problem. However, if you want a complete solution made such as a code module or new feature added you have two options. Either
1) Reach out to the Kartris internal development team at http://www.kartris.com/Contact.aspx.
2) Contact one of the Kartris approved partners at http://www.kartris.com/t-Worldwide-Developers.aspx.

Have fun and good luck coding.
[email protected]
 Posted Mon 18 Jun 2018
Supreme Being

Hi Tiggywiggler,

Thank you for your reply and support. I will wait for the confirmation from Kartris support team.