Mobile Issue - Drop Down Lists

Posted By SamC Mon 4 Dec 2017
Add to Favorites0
SamC
 Posted Mon 4 Dec 2017
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (10,745 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,745 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,745 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,745 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,745 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,745 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,745 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,745 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,745 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Mon 9 Sep 2019
Has anyone else experienced problems with customers not being able to use the drop down lists ( i.e. add to basket quantities or the payment method drop down ) from certain mobile devices?
We have had a run of people not being able to use these aspects of the site recently. They seemed mainly to be using Android mobile devices. I have finally been able to replicate the problem by using the Firefox or Chrome dev tools and setting the touch screen options. The error that comes up is:
[Intervention] Unable to preventDefault inside passive event listener due to target being treated as passive.
From what I can see from other peoples experiences is that you can set touch-action: none; in the CSS to resolve the problem. However, I have had no luck in finding the right place to put it or equally I've found the wrong solution?
Anyone with any ideas?
Thanks.
Paul
 Posted Mon 4 Dec 2017
große Käse

große Käse - (450,940 reputation)große Käse - (450,940 reputation)große Käse - (450,940 reputation)große Käse - (450,940 reputation)große Käse - (450,940 reputation)große Käse - (450,940 reputation)große Käse - (450,940 reputation)große Käse - (450,940 reputation)große Käse - (450,940 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
I can simulate this in the firefox dev tools. I googled for the css fix you suggested, but the advice is useless. It's either not clear what to apply it to, or it doesn't work. I applied it to the select menu, and verified with the browser tools that it was being applied, but still no joy. Then applied it to body, same issue.

These kinds of breaking changes are really annoying. One of the most basic rules when improving things is to not break half the internet, and if the change provides an improvement in performance, to make that easy to opt into, rather than breaking any site that does not opt out.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
Paul
 Posted Tue 5 Dec 2017
große Käse

große Käse - (450,940 reputation)große Käse - (450,940 reputation)große Käse - (450,940 reputation)große Käse - (450,940 reputation)große Käse - (450,940 reputation)große Käse - (450,940 reputation)große Käse - (450,940 reputation)große Käse - (450,940 reputation)große Käse - (450,940 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
We've been able to duplicate the issue in the firefox responsive developer tools, but not chrome. I also tested chrome on an android phone and could not duplicate the issue, nor on the chrome desktop responsive mode developer tools. Have you managed to reproduce this on the latest chrome?

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
SamC
 Posted Wed 6 Dec 2017
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (10,745 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,745 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,745 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,745 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,745 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,745 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,745 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,745 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,745 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Mon 9 Sep 2019
With Firefox dev tools I can always duplicate the issue. With the latest Chrome I have replicated the issue, but confusingly sometimes it won't work and sometimes it will work ( on the same page ). In practice, from customers who have been willing to share the device that they have been using, we've had the problem with multiple Google xl pixel phones, Huawei and and several Samsung phones - all of them encountering the same problem.
All of the IOS devices are fine, no problems with them.
Like you say its very frustrating when changes like this are made with no respect to the damage that it causes!