Confirmation emails after payment

Posted By joshcando Mon 5 Sep 2016
Add to Favorites0
joshcando
 Posted Mon 5 Sep 2016
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (1,441 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,441 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,441 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,441 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,441 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,441 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,441 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,441 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,441 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Thu 9 Nov 2017
Hi,

When customers place orders with us and use paypal/worldpay to pay we are finding that we don't receive the confirmation email every time.

This doesn't happen all the time, sometimes we will receive the confirmations and other times we wont.

Every time this happens i have checked and the order is marked as paid so Kartris must be getting the pass back from both WorldPay and Paypal.

I have even tried paying for orders myself on both PayPal and WorldPay and tried to close the tab as soon as payment has been accepted. Thinking that if someone closed the tab to early Katris wouldn't be notified of payment thus not sending emails. Every time i tested this i received a confirmation email.

Our settings must be correct for it to work intermittently.

Can someone tell me how to resolve this issue please?

Thanks
Josh
Mon 5 Sep 2016 by joshcando
Paul
 Posted Mon 5 Sep 2016
große Käse

große Käse - (450,024 reputation)große Käse - (450,024 reputation)große Käse - (450,024 reputation)große Käse - (450,024 reputation)große Käse - (450,024 reputation)große Käse - (450,024 reputation)große Käse - (450,024 reputation)große Käse - (450,024 reputation)große Käse - (450,024 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
If Kartris is showing the orders as paid, then it definitely receives the callback from paypal and worldpay, identifies the order and sets it as paid.

Most likely the mails are being sent, but are not being received. We've encountered issues with unreliable mail delivery from sites for a number of reasons:

- receiving mail system identifies mail as spam or bulk (this is typically quite easy to find, customers can normally fish emails out of their junk folder)
- receiving mail system rejects mail because no rDNS (reverse DNS)
- receiving mail system rejects the mail because the IP of the mail server sending the mail (i.e. probably the web server if sending through localhost) is on some kind of blocklist
- receiving mail system rejects the mail because the sending IP is not specifically authorized to send mail for the domain with an SPF record
- you're sending from and to the same address

I think 2 and 3 are most likely. In particular, we found an issue we had with another site where mail to some users seemed unreliable was ultimately fixed by addressing rDNS. Need to check with the host if that is properly set up.

For 3, if you have control of the domain, you can set up an SPF record to allow the web site to send mail on behalf of that domain.

For 5, we often see people configure the email address for their site so orders end up going from [email protected] to [email protected]. Some mail systems don't like this, and won't accept mail from an address to the same address.

Easiest way to confirm issue is with receipt of mail is to set your order notifications to go to a gmail account or some other email address. If you get them reliably there, that tends to confirm the issue is not with email not being sent.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb