Add to Basket button missing

Posted By imbox Fri 3 Jan 2014
Add to Favorites1
imbox
 Posted Fri 3 Jan 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (8,782 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,782 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,782 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,782 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,782 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,782 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,782 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,782 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,782 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Sun 13 Apr 2014
With much joy I have been able to get Kartris (V2.5008) up and running, front and back end with a manual install. The client side is using IExplorer9 (Standard Win7 install). The server side is using Win7, IIS7, SQL2008, Visual Studio 2012 and Kartris compiles without warnings or errors.

In BackEnd Admin: I have created one category, 3 products including a single version for each, set the category parent for all 3 products and only two are featured products. Show on Site is set to true on all products.

In FrontEnd User: I have created a user and are able to view all products and navigate around without any problems.

I am unable to add any products to the Basket, the button is simply missing and not showing. On the Product page the picture is displayed and on the right side of the picture it shows the description, the hyperlink to Compare Products and a message highlighted in red directly below it......(where it should presumably show the option to add to the basket)

Compare Products

Apologies, this content is currently not accessible.

I have searched for a similar post and also in the knowledge base, but I cannot find anything regarding a solution. I have looked at the generated html source of the page and identified the code as follows:

<div id="comparelink">

<a id="cntMain_UC_ProductView_tbcProduct_tabMain_fvwProduct_lnkCompare" class="link2" href="http://localhost/kartris/Compare.aspx?productid=1&amp;l=1&amp;action=add&amp;id=1">Compare Products</a>

</div> </div> </div>

<div class="versions">

<div id="cntMain_UC_ProductView_tbcProduct_tabMain_UC_ProductVersions_updMain">

<span class="error">

Apologies, this content is currently not accessible.</span>

</div>

</div>

-------------------------------------------

This suggests it may have something to do with the 'Version' of the product, however there are no versions for product and Product Type: is set to 'Single Version' and the SKU, Price, Weight, etc are all set.

ANY IDEAS?

Thanks for reading this post.

--------------------------------------------------------------

** If you find this post useful, please rate it. Thanks.

Fri 3 Jan 2014 by imbox
Paul
 Posted Fri 3 Jan 2014
große Käse

große Käse - (449,486 reputation)große Käse - (449,486 reputation)große Käse - (449,486 reputation)große Käse - (449,486 reputation)große Käse - (449,486 reputation)große Käse - (449,486 reputation)große Käse - (449,486 reputation)große Käse - (449,486 reputation)große Käse - (449,486 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
Is there any message in orange above this product when you view it in the back end? Typically Kartris will warn you if there are no live versions, etc. or if a product's versions are all mapped to a customer group (and hence will only be visible to members of that group) and so on.

Show on site must be checked both on the product, and also the version under it.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
imbox
 Posted Sun 5 Jan 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (8,782 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,782 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,782 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,782 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,782 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,782 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,782 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,782 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,782 reputation)

No messages above it, nothing out of the ordinary other than the described. The products, version and category are live and the products are visible when browsing the front end. Limit by group is set to 'No (Available to all customers)'

Paul
 Posted Sun 5 Jan 2014
große Käse

große Käse - (449,486 reputation)große Käse - (449,486 reputation)große Käse - (449,486 reputation)große Käse - (449,486 reputation)große Käse - (449,486 reputation)große Käse - (449,486 reputation)große Käse - (449,486 reputation)große Käse - (449,486 reputation)große Käse - (449,486 reputation)

Do you have a URL I can look at? Even better a back end username/pw? Can PM me if so.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
imbox
 Posted Mon 6 Jan 2014
Supreme Being

I started a new installation of Kartris, paying attention to every little detail through the process as per User Guide (particularly with the permissions for Folder and DB). I successfully install it and automatically updated the web.config without any issues and all logs and feedback were successful.

I logged in ./admin/ created one category as set it live. I created one product and assigned a single version and set it live.

I navigated to the front end, clicked on that product just created and the same message appears highlighted in red as explained above in the first post.

Sad(((

I'm now unsure what else to try. Perhaps change Windows version and start all over.

Paul
 Posted Mon 6 Jan 2014
große Käse

I will PM you details of our online demo. Can you add a product to this and see if you get the same result? We know this version works, so it is the simplest way to figure out if it is a technical issue or something to do with the particular version you're adding or the way it's being added - and that way if there is a problem there too, we can get in, look at the item and figure out what the problem is. If there is no problem there, it appears to be some kind of technical issue, though not exactly sure what as I've not seen any cases of bad or incorrect settings manifesting themselves in this way.

--

Paul
 Posted Mon 6 Jan 2014
große Käse

Could you also clarify if the install you made includes our demo data? If so, does that appear with the same problem? If not, it would tend to indicate some kind of problem or omission on the data entry. If that has the same problem, it does tend to indicate some kind of technical issue with the site (though not one I have see before).

--

imbox
 Posted Thu 9 Jan 2014
Supreme Being

I created one category and one product in your test server. Doing exactly the same steps as I do on my server, everything seems fine on your server.

This suggests it is not how the categories or products are setup, but rather the initialization of the database.

imbox
 Posted Thu 9 Jan 2014
Supreme Being

I have reinstalled Windows, IIS7.5, SQL2008 and Kartris and exactly the same issue occurs (No AddToBasket button). I also changed hardware and installed Kartris on a live server (Win2008/IIS7.0/SQL2005) and the same occurs.

During installation, after I create the database I run the script ../uploads/resources/kartrisSQL_MainData.sql which creates all the tables/views/procs/etc. I then open the site for the first time and it takes me through 8 steps for setup (which all seem successful). I then login Admin create one category and one product and the problem occurs when I view it via the front-end; No Add button.

I then run the kartrisSQL_SampleData.sql script (generating few warnings due to key-violations for the product/category just added), however when I view the sample generated products everything seems to be fine and the problem goes away (hence, I'm able to AddToBasket).

Hence, the issue seems to be during data initialization and setup. Possibly during the 8 step setup phase, in particular the 5th step (which I leave as default and don't change anything on those fields).

Paul
 Posted Fri 10 Jan 2014
große Käse

I am completely stumped... I got in with the details you PMed me, and even set up a new product myself, and get the same issue. I also noticed in the back end that if you click the [+] button by a version under a product, it doesn't expand as it should. I have seen other sites where the AJAX bits don't work right due to settings, but those are all working fine in yours. And the version display part is handled server side, so I cannot understand why it's not coming out. From what I can see, the query does not find versions, or possibly does not correctly indicate the number retrieved, so it thinks there are zero.

I am sure the version is created ok, because it shows up in the back end and you can find and edit it. Also, if you put the SKU into the search, it finds the item - and the SKU is in the version rather than the product, so that again indicates that the records are properly connected. But as I said before, the back end expand feature does not work, and this I suspect uses a similar query, pulling out versions and products together.

I'd suspect possibly is down to SQL version but you already stated 2008 and we use 2008 R2 and I am pretty sure there is nothing particular unusual in our code. Could you post your connection string? I assume you're using the default one the setup routine creates, in which case that should be fine.

Do you make any changes to collation or other default settings when setting up SQL?

--