Database upgrade from 1.3003 to current

Posted By TheCalicoTree Mon 21 Oct 2013
Add to Favorites0
TheCalicoTree
 Posted Mon 21 Oct 2013
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (62,908 reputation)Supreme Being - (62,908 reputation)Supreme Being - (62,908 reputation)Supreme Being - (62,908 reputation)Supreme Being - (62,908 reputation)Supreme Being - (62,908 reputation)Supreme Being - (62,908 reputation)Supreme Being - (62,908 reputation)Supreme Being - (62,908 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Thu 18 Jun 2015
Hi,

I am trying to upgrade a database from v1.3003 to the latest release. I have tried running all of the SQL files but have encountered numerous problems.

At first there were lots of errors mostly saying that sp's existed when they didn't so I changed them to CREATE or to ALTER just to get the files to run.

I managed to get my way through most of the process but have now reached the final file and can get no further.

When we initially setup the database you helped us develop the DB and sent me this:

http://www.kartris.com/downloads/MinPrice_Update_1.3.zip

I'm wondering whether this has caused all of the conflicts?

I realise that leaving such a long time in between upgrades is going to make life harder for us but I'm totally stuck now and wondering if there is any advice you can offer?

The current error is Could not find stored procedure 'dbo._spKartrisTaxRates_Get'.

3 hours later.........

So I decided upon a change of tactic and have used the data tool to migrate data from old to new. My data has largely transferred across.

The only issue I have now (and it's a big one) is that the site is no longer picking up any kind of stylesheet or template, all it displays is pure html that is entirely non functioning (no links work).

Once extreme to the other, before a perfectly working site with no data and now the data is in place the site isn't working.

Any ideas?!
Mon 21 Oct 2013 by TheCalicoTree
Paul
 Posted Tue 22 Oct 2013
große Käse

große Käse - (449,174 reputation)große Käse - (449,174 reputation)große Käse - (449,174 reputation)große Käse - (449,174 reputation)große Käse - (449,174 reputation)große Käse - (449,174 reputation)große Käse - (449,174 reputation)große Käse - (449,174 reputation)große Käse - (449,174 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
The various update scripts from 1.3 to 2.5 may well generate some errors along the way if they are adding things which are already present. But this typically should not affect the upgrade. Did you actually try the db at the end?

If it tries a CREATE for a sproc that exists, then you don't need to change it to an ALTER because the error is returned. Just ignore the error, because you already have this sproc. If the sproc was changed at some point from the original version then we will have an ALTER statement in one of the upgrade scripts later anyway.

Regarding the missing CSS, view the HTML source of the page and see where the CSS references are pointing to - either the path will be wrong. Or possibly it could be related to SSL, so turn that off if it is on.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
TheCalicoTree
 Posted Tue 22 Oct 2013
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (62,908 reputation)Supreme Being - (62,908 reputation)Supreme Being - (62,908 reputation)Supreme Being - (62,908 reputation)Supreme Being - (62,908 reputation)Supreme Being - (62,908 reputation)Supreme Being - (62,908 reputation)Supreme Being - (62,908 reputation)Supreme Being - (62,908 reputation)

I did ignore all of the errors and eventually tested the database but was getting multiple errors when trying to load the page.

Each time it was due to a missing SP. I was then searching the SQL files for those missing sp's and copying the CREATE routine which in most cases was commented out.

I eventually gave up when it couldn't find 'dbo._spKartrisTaxRates_Get'.

Luckily the data tool has worked and the admin tool is showing all of my products and order (with the Admin css). However, when I go to view the page I am presented with a page of unformatted, unfunctioning html.

When I view the source and copy the file locations of the css it is bringing up the css files. However none of that css is being applied to the page. Firefox developer tools are showing no css whatsoever against each element.

I'm trying to get this into a test env. on line for you to see.

Is there any chance that there is a database change that could have caused this? The site was fully working and formatted before using the data tool.
TheCalicoTree Marked As Answer
 Posted Wed 13 Nov 2013
Supreme Being

Just to summarize, my solution was to ignore the advice of upgrading the database using the incremental scripts.

Instead I ran a fresh install, created a new database and then transferred my data from old (1.3) to new (2.5) which worked like a dream.
rocknet
 Posted Sun 26 Jan 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (12,493 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,493 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,493 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,493 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,493 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,493 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,493 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,493 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,493 reputation)

Last Active: Tue 15 Jul 2014
Hello,

I am also still using Version 1.3 and am planning to perform an upgrade to the latest version.

I am now a little confused about which direction to go.

The Kartris advise seems to be to perform incremental updates. But the post before mine says that a fresh install (with a data transfer) also works.

I'm not too hot on being a techie, though I did manage to install the site in the first place.

Any advise gratefully recived .

Thanks

Steve
rocknet
 Posted Sun 26 Jan 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (12,493 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,493 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,493 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,493 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,493 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,493 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,493 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,493 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,493 reputation)

Last Active: Tue 15 Jul 2014

I have tried to perform an upgrade but using the method suggest above, making a fresh install then transferring data from the old site to the new site. This did not work properly. Yes the products transferred but not all data relating to customer purchase history.

So I'm back to thinking that I need to perform incremental upgrades. And that's why I need to know my exact version. But where is it shown in the backend?
I think it was 1.3 something, but what exact version?

Steve