Database upgrade from 1.3003 to current

Posted By TheCalicoTree Mon 21 Oct 2013
Add to Favorites0
TheCalicoTree
 Posted Mon 21 Oct 2013
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (63,088 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,088 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,088 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,088 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,088 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,088 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,088 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,088 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,088 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Thu 18 Jun 2015
Hi,

I am trying to upgrade a database from v1.3003 to the latest release. I have tried running all of the SQL files but have encountered numerous problems.

At first there were lots of errors mostly saying that sp's existed when they didn't so I changed them to CREATE or to ALTER just to get the files to run.

I managed to get my way through most of the process but have now reached the final file and can get no further.

When we initially setup the database you helped us develop the DB and sent me this:

http://www.kartris.com/downloads/MinPrice_Update_1.3.zip

I'm wondering whether this has caused all of the conflicts?

I realise that leaving such a long time in between upgrades is going to make life harder for us but I'm totally stuck now and wondering if there is any advice you can offer?

The current error is Could not find stored procedure 'dbo._spKartrisTaxRates_Get'.

3 hours later.........

So I decided upon a change of tactic and have used the data tool to migrate data from old to new. My data has largely transferred across.

The only issue I have now (and it's a big one) is that the site is no longer picking up any kind of stylesheet or template, all it displays is pure html that is entirely non functioning (no links work).

Once extreme to the other, before a perfectly working site with no data and now the data is in place the site isn't working.

Any ideas?!
Mon 21 Oct 2013 by TheCalicoTree
TheCalicoTree Marked As Answer
 Posted Wed 13 Nov 2013
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (63,088 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,088 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,088 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,088 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,088 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,088 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,088 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,088 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,088 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Thu 18 Jun 2015
Just to summarize, my solution was to ignore the advice of upgrading the database using the incremental scripts.

Instead I ran a fresh install, created a new database and then transferred my data from old (1.3) to new (2.5) which worked like a dream.