Kartris Account

Posted By Robin Fri 28 Jun 2013
Add to Favorites0
Robin
 Posted Fri 28 Jun 2013
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (3,085 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,085 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,085 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,085 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,085 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,085 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,085 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,085 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,085 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Sat 29 Jun 2013
Hi

Is it possible to setup Kartris to allow customers to purchase items without having to setup an account before they go to the checkout. I plan to use PayPal as the payment provider. If it is possible does kartris still retain all the order details in the database to view via the admin panel.

Thanks

Robin
Mart
 Posted Fri 28 Jun 2013
Top Banana

Top Banana - (84,819 reputation)Top Banana - (84,819 reputation)Top Banana - (84,819 reputation)Top Banana - (84,819 reputation)Top Banana - (84,819 reputation)Top Banana - (84,819 reputation)Top Banana - (84,819 reputation)Top Banana - (84,819 reputation)Top Banana - (84,819 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Wed 18 Nov 2020
This is how Kartris works already.

Users don't have to setup an account before going to the checkout - an account is created as part of the sign-up process automatically (so if they order again they don't have to re-input their address etc).
Robin
 Posted Fri 28 Jun 2013
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (3,085 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,085 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,085 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,085 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,085 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,085 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,085 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,085 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,085 reputation)

Hi Top Banana

Thanks for your reply, I'm not certain whether I explained myself well. When I place an item in the basket, when I go to the checkout it asks whether I am an existing customer or new customer, if I am a new customer I then have to create an account before proceeding to the checkout. It is possible to proceed to the checkout without creating an account at that stage as some customers may prefer to go to the checkout and simply enter their details as part of the payment stage. Sometimes creating an account can deter people as they do not like remembering their account details on future purchases.

Is there a way that Kartris can do this.

Thanks

Robin
Paul
 Posted Fri 28 Jun 2013
große Käse

große Käse - (449,892 reputation)große Käse - (449,892 reputation)große Käse - (449,892 reputation)große Käse - (449,892 reputation)große Käse - (449,892 reputation)große Käse - (449,892 reputation)große Käse - (449,892 reputation)große Käse - (449,892 reputation)große Käse - (449,892 reputation)

Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
We get asked this a lot, and it's a question I really don't understand.

A customer has got to enter their address... how else are you going to send the goods to them? If they enter address details on Kartris, we pass it over to the gateway, so they don't need to enter their address there. If we didn't take address on Kartris, then the customer has to type it into the gateway instead. Where is the time saving? Either way, they have to enter their address once... whether they do this on Kartris, or on the payment gateway, it still takes the same time surely?

There is one exception which is with bitcoin, which does not need an address to process, as payments can effectively be anonymous. We have support for this coming soon, and if you are selling 100% downloadable items, we'll have an option to have a totally anonymous checkout, where you basically only need email address and to send bitcoins, and no street address or phone number is required.

But all credit card systems need an address anyway, and if you're shipping physical items, you're going to need it in order to know where to send them to.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
Robin
 Posted Fri 28 Jun 2013
Supreme Being

Hi

Thanks for your reply, I realise that customers basically still have to enter the same details and any timesaving would be minimal and having an account would save time on repeat orders. The point I was trying to make is that some customers do not like creating an account everytime they make a online purchase at different merchants, very soon they can accumulate a lot of account/logon details to remember. I was trying to cater for those customers who do not want to have another account to remember are happy to enter their details in everytime they make a purchase.

Once again thanks for your reply

Robin
Paul
 Posted Sun 30 Jun 2013
große Käse

große Käse - (449,892 reputation)große Käse - (449,892 reputation)große Käse - (449,892 reputation)große Käse - (449,892 reputation)große Käse - (449,892 reputation)große Käse - (449,892 reputation)große Käse - (449,892 reputation)große Käse - (449,892 reputation)große Käse - (449,892 reputation)

They don't really have to remember the details, as they can easily get a password reset link from the site next time they visit which is valid for an hour and goes to their email. It's still quicker than rekeying full address details. So even as a returning user, its better to have an account than not to have one.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
ianguest
 Posted Mon 1 Jul 2013
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (41,850 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,850 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,850 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,850 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,850 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,850 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,850 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,850 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,850 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Tue 31 Mar 2015
I understand Robin's suggeston and it has appeared in several blogs about converting more sales:

Top reasons why people abandon shopping carts (and what to do about it)
  • High price. If your product is the same or similar to what the competitors offer, people will choose based on the price. If your price is the best, say it (must be true, or lose all credibility). If it’s not the best, you have to communicate your added value.
  • You charge for shipping? Stop
  • Hassle: you ask for too much data / forced registration.
  • Doubt: will it fit me? Can I return it? Use live chat to address buyers’ concerns and answer their questions.
  • Your site is too slow. Speed up your site
If a customer enters your site and wants to place an order, they may feel that by creating an account they are locked into the company or dont want to create an account.
Paul
 Posted Mon 1 Jul 2013
große Käse

I can understand the 'too much information' objection if they're asking you required questions like:

'where did you hear about us'

or other details which are not absolutely essential to process the order (even if they're useful to the store owner)

The following info will be required by any site selling stuff:

firstname lastname
email address
phone number
street address
town
county
postcode
country

The only extra info we ask in order to create an account is password and confirmation of password. But we did discuss today having a config setting that would enable the following options (store owner setting):

- hide password fields, create one automatically (on next visit, user would need to recover password to purchase, but still quicker than rekeying data)
- hide the password confirmation field (we assume pw ok, they can always reset if problem on next visit)
- show both password and confirmation fields, but will auto-create pw if both left blank (and message to indicate this)
- present functionality (both required)

--