Unfinished Orders where payment received

Posted By charlotte Wed 25 Apr 2012
Add to Favorites0
charlotte
 Posted Wed 25 Apr 2012
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (10,469 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,469 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,469 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,469 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,469 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,469 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,469 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,469 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,469 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Wed 4 Apr 2018
Irecently noticed that I was receiving payments but not getting an ordernotification email from the store, and the order was not being recorded in theorders list.  I found that the order was actuallyin the unfinished orders list, and looked like a failed or abandoned order. Iwas advised to change the language encoding on PayPal to UTF 8 to overcome anyissues with special characters in the address. I did this and since then it’sbeen very hit and miss, some orders fail and some go through, more fail than gothrough.  I’m now in a position where I haveto contact customers and raise a PayPal invoice to avoid losing business.

Soin summary:

Emailorder notifications not being sent to store owner, or customer, to acknowledgeorder.

Orderswhich have been paid for are being logged as unfinished orders.

Cananyone help?

Medz
 Posted Fri 27 Apr 2012
Kartris Expert

Kartris Expert - (58,844 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,844 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,844 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,844 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,844 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,844 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,844 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,844 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,844 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Tue 3 Dec 2013
A log should be generated whenever the callback between PayPal and Kartris fails. Can you send me one in a private message so I can check whats happening?
charlotte
 Posted Fri 27 Apr 2012
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (10,469 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,469 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,469 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,469 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,469 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,469 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,469 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,469 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,469 reputation)

Does anyone else have this problem? I've checked the PayPal settings and all seems to be in order.

We've been running for over a year now and not had any real problems, just the occassional unfinished order which failed and we believe was fixed by changing the language encoding to UTF8.

Then last weekend we renewed our SSL certificate and as soon as the hosting company activated the new certificate every order came back as unfinished even though we received a payment from Paypal. It could be a coincidence, but right now I'm going round the bend trying to figure out what's wrong.

I can retrieve these paid orders from the unfinished list by ticking the 'payment received', 'order sent to store owner', etc.. boxes, but I have to manually edit the stock levels, because orders which initially fail don't update the stock levels when they are manually updated.

There are no error messages in the error log, so nothing to give me any clues.

Looking at the PayPal IPN history I can see that every transaction has a status of either 'failed' or 'retrying' since the certificate upload.

Any clues are to where to look next would be much appreciated.
charlotte
 Posted Tue 1 May 2012
Supreme Being

Checked with the hosting company and the SSL certificate is installed OK. Although I did discover that the fixed IP address which was bundled with the original SSL certificate expired and had to be purchased again in addition to the new SSL certificate. Orders are still coming back as unfinished when SSL is turned on. If I turn it off the orders are processed OK.

Could the lapsed in the fixed IP address have anything to do with the problem, and if so is there a way to fix it?
Paul
 Posted Wed 16 May 2012
große Käse

große Käse - (449,808 reputation)große Käse - (449,808 reputation)große Käse - (449,808 reputation)große Käse - (449,808 reputation)große Käse - (449,808 reputation)große Käse - (449,808 reputation)große Käse - (449,808 reputation)große Käse - (449,808 reputation)große Käse - (449,808 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
Did you get any hits on the callback logged? That would at least indicate if kartris is actually receiving the callback. If something bad with the secure cert is cutting out the contact before it even hits the application, then it won't log a hit. If it does log a hit, then the logs should reveal enough info to see why a callback isn't succeeding. The Paypal settings seem ok if the only factor seems to be ssl on/off.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
charlotte
 Posted Mon 28 May 2012
Supreme Being

With SSL turned on:

There's nothing in kartris - the call back is not being logged. When I look at the IPN history in PayPal I can see that PayPal tried to send the IPN for a paticular transaction 16 times before it was logged in PayPal as failed - this failed because PayPal could not send the message - payment was received OK. This order came through in Kartris as an unfinished order. Nothing in the error logs.

With SSL turned off:

Everything works fine. PayPal IPN's go through ok, order received in Kartris OK.

Would it help if you could see the PayPal IPN message?
JediRx7
 Posted Wed 15 Jan 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (5,113 reputation)Supreme Being - (5,113 reputation)Supreme Being - (5,113 reputation)Supreme Being - (5,113 reputation)Supreme Being - (5,113 reputation)Supreme Being - (5,113 reputation)Supreme Being - (5,113 reputation)Supreme Being - (5,113 reputation)Supreme Being - (5,113 reputation)

Last Active: Thu 21 May 2015
Hi. I realize this is an old topic but I am fairly new to Kartris and am in the process of setting up a store. I am having this same problem and don't see where the solution was ever addressed here. With SSL off, orders complete ok, with SSL on, they show up as Unfinished and no emails are sent. Was this issue ever resolved?

Thanks,

Jedd