Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Mon 9 Sep 2019
I'm looking for some help with the promotions options and I'm not sure whether I'm simply missing the obvious.
I'm trying to offer a 20% discount on a particular item, and I would like for that special offer to appear on the promotions page. However, the only way i can find to do this is to use the promotion "Buy 1 'Product1' and get a 20% discount on a 'Product1'". The trouble is with this is that customers seem to find it confusing - most customers just want to see something like "Save 20% on Product1". The format above is great for two different promotion options - buy one product1 and get a 20% discount on a product3 but not great for a straight discount on one product.
Is there a way to simply offer a % discount on one product? I could just reduce the price directly but then the offer doesn't appear on the promotions page.
Any ideas or experience with this would be nmuch appreciated - thanks!
Last Active: 2 days ago @ 16:37
You should be able to do this with Kartris as standard.
1) go to add new promotion. Give it name, start/end date, etc
2) in the part A drop down, select "Buy [X] of version [V]"
3) in the boxes that appear, put "1" and then enter the version code or name, select it from the ajax list and click add. You should see this part of the promotion appear after adding it.
4) in the part B drop down pick "Get [X]% off [V]".
5) in the boxes that appear, add 20 and again find the version code, then click add.
So in effect we've set up a promotion that says "Buy 1 of item XYZ, get 20% off that item".
The promotion should now list on promotions page. Click to go to that version, and add it to your basket. The basket should show the item as one row, and another row for the promotion (taking 20% off).