Firefox Quantum without SLL

Posted By thedrumdoctor Fri 22 Dec 2017
Add to Favorites0
thedrumdoctor
 Posted Fri 22 Dec 2017
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (61,143 reputation)Supreme Being - (61,143 reputation)Supreme Being - (61,143 reputation)Supreme Being - (61,143 reputation)Supreme Being - (61,143 reputation)Supreme Being - (61,143 reputation)Supreme Being - (61,143 reputation)Supreme Being - (61,143 reputation)Supreme Being - (61,143 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Mon 21 May 2018
If anyone is having the same problem as I had trying to work on Kartris staging sites with no SSL using Firefox, here's a workaround. Basically, Firefox Quantum has dropped the facility to bypass SSL so you can't manually add a site to the exception list. I had this trouble with a staging site on a subdomain which of course, had no need for SSL. After a Quantum upgrade, I couldn't connect to the front end at all until I did this....

1. Close all open tabs in Firefox.
  2. Open the full History window with the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + H (Cmd + Shift + H on Mac). You must use this window or the sidebar for the below options to be available.
  3. Find the site you want to delete the HSTS settings for – you can search for the site at the upper right if needed.
  4. Right-click the site from the list of items and click Forget About This Site.This should clear the HSTS settings (and other cache data) for that domain.
  5. Restart Firefox and visit the site. You should now be able to visit the site over HTTP/broken HTTPS.
Worked for me anyway, so just in case anyone else has the same scenario, I thought I'd share.