Will an update wipe out my changes

Posted By joshcando Mon 13 Feb 2017
Add to Favorites0
joshcando
 Posted Mon 13 Feb 2017
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (1,443 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,443 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,443 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,443 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,443 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,443 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,443 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,443 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,443 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Thu 9 Nov 2017
Hi,

I am currently running V2.8004. I have added in some of my own functionality to make it integrate with our in house sales system and also cahnged alot of the style sheets and added extra functions into the look of the site.

My question is how does the update procedure work? Will this wipe out all of my changes or will it just add in the new features that are currently missing?

Thanks
Tiggywiggler
 Posted Tue 14 Feb 2017
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (105,388 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,388 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,388 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,388 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,388 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,388 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,388 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,388 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,388 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Mon 6 Dec 2021
Normally it will completely replace what you have done. If you want to only upgrade the parts that were changed then you should use a comparison tool like WinMerge to analyse the vanilla files you started with (V2.8004) and the files in the latest build, and then only copy in the files that were changed provided that you have not customised those files. If you have customised those files then you will need to merge the changes.

For the SQL Server changes, the files that jump you from one version to another are all in one file, it is a matter of reading through the change scripts and seeing if the files change anything you have already altered.

It's not pleasant, but it really is the only option when the source code is fully open like this.

We are always willing to help out the community or pitch in to help you fix a problem. However, if you want a complete solution made such as a code module or new feature added you have two options. Either
1) Reach out to the Kartris internal development team at http://www.kartris.com/Contact.aspx.
2) Contact one of the Kartris approved partners at http://www.kartris.com/t-Worldwide-Developers.aspx.

Have fun and good luck coding.