Multi-vendor solution

Posted By amscompanies Tue 5 Jul 2011
Rated stars based on 1 vote.
Add to Favorites0
amscompanies
 Posted Tue 5 Jul 2011
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (7,261 reputation)Supreme Being - (7,261 reputation)Supreme Being - (7,261 reputation)Supreme Being - (7,261 reputation)Supreme Being - (7,261 reputation)Supreme Being - (7,261 reputation)Supreme Being - (7,261 reputation)Supreme Being - (7,261 reputation)Supreme Being - (7,261 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Wed 8 Feb 2012
Due to how the 'versions' function currently works, I feel Kartris is on it's way to offering a multi-vendor solution.

I've searched the internet for MANY hours trying to find a solution and have only really found one that does what is required (but the actual shopping experience isn't good).
  • One central product database - TICK
  • ability to set different prices for the same item - kind of a - TICK
  • Multiple admin logins - TICK
  • Frontend to display similiar/same items with different pricing - TICK
Things Kartris is missing to achieve this:
  • Multi-vendors (allowing to customise shipping options and set own pricing)
  • Overall shop control of multi-vendors either charge flat-fee or % of sale
  • Vendor review process
  • Vendor settlement
Thoughts please
Mart
 Posted Wed 6 Jul 2011
Top Banana

Top Banana - (84,763 reputation)Top Banana - (84,763 reputation)Top Banana - (84,763 reputation)Top Banana - (84,763 reputation)Top Banana - (84,763 reputation)Top Banana - (84,763 reputation)Top Banana - (84,763 reputation)Top Banana - (84,763 reputation)Top Banana - (84,763 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Wed 18 Nov 2020
I think this is a much larger job than you anticipate. Are you talking about different people having different stores, but running through one kartris?

Would each separate vendor store run under a different URL, or would their products appear in the same store?

I assume the later, else if not you'd just setup separate kartris stores for each client.

If you have one store, but products from several different vendors, these are just some of the issues

1) the logins at present aren't designed with this in mind. Its not just updating products - they'd have to be able to have their own customer groups, attributes, options etc.
2) at present the SKU for each product should be unique. What happens if 2 users put on the same item with same SKU?
3) how to deal with payment - if I've shopped for several items and each is from a separate vendor how do i pay? Separate payments for each one? Or if a single payment, then that means the site operator has to collect the cash and dish it out to the vendors. There are legal issues with this aside from technical ones (generally a breach of your merchant account terms to take money on behalf of other people - need special permission to do that).
Wed 6 Jul 2011 by Mart