Saved carts list

Posted By Supermac Tue 7 Jun 2016
Add to Favorites0
Supermac
 Posted Tue 7 Jun 2016
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (71,427 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,427 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,427 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,427 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,427 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,427 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,427 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,427 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,427 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Wed 22 Jul 2020
A backend useful feature, requested to me by a customer, would be a view of saved carts from all customers... this would give to a shop administrator an important "marketing tool" (i.e. knowing what customer saved in cart, he could send an email to customer with a coupon to encourage the conversion of the purchase).

The list should show the customer name (with a link to customer's details), last cart update date and the items in cart (could be even a list of accordions with customer and date in header and items inside the expandible panel)
Paul
 Posted Tue 7 Jun 2016
große Käse

große Käse - (449,224 reputation)große Käse - (449,224 reputation)große Käse - (449,224 reputation)große Käse - (449,224 reputation)große Käse - (449,224 reputation)große Käse - (449,224 reputation)große Käse - (449,224 reputation)große Käse - (449,224 reputation)große Käse - (449,224 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
The latest release has a new feature, stock notifications, so customers can request notification when an out of stock item comes back in. That also has a back end page where you can see requests which are waiting for items to come back into stock. I guess something similar could be done to let you see saved baskets.

I think you'd have to click through individually on each to see it, then see the saved basket contents (as we'd need to rebuild from the stored value).

But I'm not sure that saved baskets is the best place to target this kind of marketing. Not everyone saves a basket, very often customers might come to the site, formulate an order, reach checkout and then stop for some reason. It could be that their payment fails, or that they change their mind or whatever. But you can see orders that reached the payment system and then bailed out in the 'unfinished' orders queue. It might be better to follow up those. I know we did a mod a long time back for someone on our older ASP cart that automated following those customers up with a mail which said something along the lines of 'we saw you tried to make an order but didn't complete it, if you had any problem with the payment or have any other issues, please let us know'. I think he also sometimes called up those customers instead and often converted sales. So I think maybe that's a better place to start because it's customers who were serious enough to get through to the payment stage but did not complete.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
Supermac
 Posted Wed 8 Jun 2016
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (71,427 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,427 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,427 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,427 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,427 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,427 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,427 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,427 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,427 reputation)

Customer asked me if he can "peep" inside saved carts in order to "bite" the users' calves (vendors are wild beasts)... but I agree, uncompleted ones are a more important and easily convertible orders.
I will investigate on the reasons of customer's request...
Tiggywiggler
 Posted Sat 25 Jun 2016
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (105,046 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,046 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,046 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,046 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,046 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,046 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,046 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,046 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,046 reputation)

Last Active: Mon 6 Dec 2021
You could build a custom page which would pull a view from the database. The customer information is not hidden or encrypted, it just isn't exposed through any existing methods.

Requesting the view may end up being slow (10 seconds for the query to run perhaps) but you will not be requesting this data as part of the user experience, it will be for the admin's use only.

We are always willing to help out the community or pitch in to help you fix a problem. However, if you want a complete solution made such as a code module or new feature added you have two options. Either
1) Reach out to the Kartris internal development team at http://www.kartris.com/Contact.aspx.
2) Contact one of the Kartris approved partners at http://www.kartris.com/t-Worldwide-Developers.aspx.

Have fun and good luck coding.
Tiggywiggler Marked As Answer
 Posted Fri 1 Jul 2016
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (105,046 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,046 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,046 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,046 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,046 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,046 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,046 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,046 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,046 reputation)

Last Active: Mon 6 Dec 2021
Hi,
I was thinking about this today and I thought that you could actually use the admin database function to achieve what you wanted.

If you go to the backend and select [Configuration] > [Database Admin] > [Run Query] you could just run a select query from there.

The following SELECT Command will show you all of the saved baskets and what versions are in there, you would simple need to make some extra JOINs to get the product description etc. and the customer email address to allow you to chase them up.

Do you think that would do what you wanted as a quick fix?

SELECT * FROM
tblKartrisSavedBaskets sb INNER JOIN tblKartrisBasketValues bv on bv.BV_ParentID= sb.SBSKT_ID and bv.BV_ParentType='s'

We are always willing to help out the community or pitch in to help you fix a problem. However, if you want a complete solution made such as a code module or new feature added you have two options. Either
1) Reach out to the Kartris internal development team at http://www.kartris.com/Contact.aspx.
2) Contact one of the Kartris approved partners at http://www.kartris.com/t-Worldwide-Developers.aspx.

Have fun and good luck coding.
Supermac
 Posted Mon 4 Jul 2016
Supreme Being

Magic!
I will add JOINs to get product/version description to "dress" the result but that's already all I need.
Thank you a lot mate!
Paul
 Posted Mon 4 Jul 2016
große Käse

große Käse - (449,224 reputation)große Käse - (449,224 reputation)große Käse - (449,224 reputation)große Käse - (449,224 reputation)große Käse - (449,224 reputation)große Käse - (449,224 reputation)große Käse - (449,224 reputation)große Käse - (449,224 reputation)große Käse - (449,224 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
To make it easier to reuse this, you should be able to create a saved export with the same query, that will give you a CSV of matches when you run it.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb