WorldPay shopper response

Posted By charlotte Wed 13 Apr 2016
Add to Favorites0
charlotte
 Posted Wed 13 Apr 2016
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (10,463 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,463 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,463 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,463 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,463 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,463 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,463 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,463 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,463 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Wed 4 Apr 2018
The callback-RBSWorldpay.html file for my shopper response, is using the text and styling from the email confirmation.html.

I would like the styling on my shopper response page to be different from the email confirmation, but whatever I do, the styling of [orderdetails] gets pulled through to the shopper response page.

Any suggestions?
Paul
 Posted Thu 5 May 2016
große Käse

große Käse - (449,488 reputation)große Käse - (449,488 reputation)große Käse - (449,488 reputation)große Käse - (449,488 reputation)große Käse - (449,488 reputation)große Käse - (449,488 reputation)große Käse - (449,488 reputation)große Käse - (449,488 reputation)große Käse - (449,488 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
Formatting emails in HTML can be quite a challenge because of the way various clients interpret the HTML. These days, most HTML would be formatted with CSS, so styling is separated from the actual content and markup. However, mails formatted in this way will rarely display as intended on gmail, or outlook, or older email clients.

Therefore, on HTML emails, the CSS is typically 'in-lined'. If you use a system like mailchimp, it lets you view the HTML that it's creating, and you can see in this that most of the style information is coded in as style properties on individual items. They also have an online tool you can use to do this too:

http://templates.mailchimp.com/resources/inline-css/

One of the consequences of this is that the mail displayed on the web site will effectively have this formatting hardcoded into it, since those in-line styles will typically override anything you try with CSS to change. Working around this would be complicated, you'd probably need to store two templates and create two sets of HTML for the email.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb