installation successful, then when i go to the site i get Error: Kartris is already installed

Posted By ramzi1978 Sat 23 Jan 2016
Add to Favorites0

installation successful, then when i go to the site i get Error:...

ramzi1978
 Posted Sat 23 Jan 2016
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (498 reputation)Supreme Being - (498 reputation)Supreme Being - (498 reputation)Supreme Being - (498 reputation)Supreme Being - (498 reputation)Supreme Being - (498 reputation)Supreme Being - (498 reputation)Supreme Being - (498 reputation)Supreme Being - (498 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Sat 23 Jan 2016
hi,I am installing kartris on godaddy, but my database is on arvixe.

I could not install kartris to a blank db or to create db, so i had to run the sql script kartrisSQL_MainData.sql and after setting folder permissions, i got installation successful.

the web,config did not update so i downloaded it and replaced the db conn string info and the salt and i reuploaded.

when i go to the public site, i get Error: Kartris is already installed

please refer to
www.mallfromhome.com
/default.aspx
or
/admin/default.aspx

both redirect to the /admin/setup.aspx
although i made sure the setup is commented out in the web.config

any help please please please?
I would love to use kartris but this is a big issue because i have no site.

thank you sooooo much

R.
Paul
 Posted Tue 26 Jan 2016
große Käse

große Käse - (450,180 reputation)große Käse - (450,180 reputation)große Käse - (450,180 reputation)große Käse - (450,180 reputation)große Käse - (450,180 reputation)große Käse - (450,180 reputation)große Käse - (450,180 reputation)große Käse - (450,180 reputation)große Käse - (450,180 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
Kartris will redirect to setup for two reasons, both within the web config:

1. Because the db connection doesn't connect to an available db - this could mean the connection string is wrong, or it could mean that the db is not able to be reached from where the scripts are running.

2. The 'globalization' tag is commented out or missing. This controls where Kartris gets text from for language specific things like names on buttons and page titles like 'shopping cart'. The default web config has a globalization tag that specifies a custom SQL provider for language resources (we run it from a db to make it more manageable, and to allow things to be searched and updated easily from the back end). However, when first installing Kartris, there is no db, so this tag is commented and Kartris picks up the language used in the setup routine from a resources file instead (the default asp.net provider for resources).

Running your db on a completely separate server from where your scripts are sounds like a bad idea. This might well explain why the db is not reachable from the GoDaddy hosting where the scripts are. But even if it was and this worked, it's going to be slow. Each page request to Kartris is going to have to travel to your site, then that server is going to have to request and then receive info from the database across the internet, and cannot form and serve you a page back until it receives it. From a performance point of view, and security, you really want to have the db close to the site scripts, either on the same server, or on servers within the same provider where communication between site and db is going to be fast across an internal network rather than across the internet.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb