understanding and finding UPS settings

Posted By pfkoss Tue 1 Dec 2015
Add to Favorites0
pfkoss
 Posted Tue 1 Dec 2015
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (3,807 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,807 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,807 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,807 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,807 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,807 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,807 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,807 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,807 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Fri 19 Jan 2018
Hi,

We are really struggling with the lack of documentation for setting up UPS. Has anyone set up UPS and are you willing to help walk us through what each one is and where we can find the information needed.

We have been trying the trial and error method and seem to be missing the mark.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !
jcosmo Marked As Answer
 Posted Tue 1 Dec 2015
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (9,045 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,045 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,045 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,045 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,045 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,045 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,045 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,045 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,045 reputation)

Last Active: Tue 16 Feb 2016
I'm assuming you have already set up a developer account with UPS and have the documentation. If not, you'll need to visit https://www.ups.com/upsdeveloperkit/downloadresource?loc=en_US and sign up.

FriendlyName - is the name shown for the Gateway

CurrencyConversion - is unused - I would leave it at 1

Currency - should always be USD

AccessKey - is assigned to you by UPS when you sign up

Commercial - if set to true you get commercial rates; false you get residential rates. I would set to false unless you are strictly a B2B shop

MoreInfoURL - just points you to API information

PackageType - is the UPS code for the type of packaging you are going to use. Set to 02 or check UPS documentation for other valid values

Password - is from your developer account with UPS

PickupType - is the UPS code for the type of pickup you are going to use. Set to 01 or check UPS documentation for other valid values

ShopCountryCode - is the CountryCode where your store is shipping from ie US

ShopPostalCode - is the PostalCode where your store is shipping from

ShopRegionCodeCode - is unused

ShowDeliveryDays - is unused

UnitOfMeasurement - is the unit of measurement you are using for weights in your store. Should be lbs or kgs

URL - is the URL that the rate request will be posted to. Should be https://www.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate

UserId - is assigned to you by UPS when you sign up

Status - should be ON. I didn't find TEST or FAKE to work

Quick tip... After you set up the Gateway under Configuration -> Payment and Shipping Gateways and have it turned on, you need to go and set up a ship method under Regional Setup -> Shipping. I originally thought turning the gateway on would cause it to show up, but it doesn't. You have to Create a Shipping Method, I called mine UPS. Then add a Zone. Then in rates for the Zone, type the name of your Shipping Gateway.
Tue 1 Dec 2015 by jcosmo
pfkoss
 Posted Wed 2 Dec 2015
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (3,807 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,807 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,807 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,807 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,807 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,807 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,807 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,807 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,807 reputation)

Last Active: Fri 19 Jan 2018
Awesome ! Thanks for the help. It was the last step that was eluding us!