Cart setup - is this possible?

Posted By poppo101 Mon 6 Jun 2011
Rated stars based on 1 vote.
Add to Favorites1
poppo101
 Posted Mon 6 Jun 2011
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (2,744 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,744 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,744 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,744 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,744 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,744 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,744 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,744 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,744 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Mon 6 Jun 2011
I am looking for a new cart and need to see if Kartris will give me what I need to setup my shopping cart.

I use weight based shipping generally via USPS flat rate boxes. So I need a shipping module that can handle this.

Where I really need help is with setting up my products. I have outlined my needs below. I am not sure if this can be done or not.

I have one category of products – Scratchpads with clipart printed on them

Within this I have sub-categories such as – Scratchpads – Animals
                                             Sports
                                             Vehicles and so on

Within each sub-category I break it down again – Scratchpads – Animals – Dogs
                                                          Cats
                                                          Farm and so on

Within the above I have the actual items – Scratchpads – Animals – Dogs – Husky
                                                          Beagle
                                                          Pug and so on

Scratchpads - Sports – Football
                                                             Soccer and so

Each item has three options – Size – Small – Default
                            Medium
                            Large

For Medium and Large there is an additional charge based on size
                                   there is additional weight added
                                   and I would like to set a minimum order qty
                                   due to these being non-stock items that I
                                   need to print.

Ink color – Black
                         blue
                         Brown and so on

For any color other than the default for that particular pad I
                 again would like to set a minimum order qty

Paper color – white – default

For any color other than the default for that particular pad I
                 again would like to set a minimum order qty and add an
                 additional charge

Any help with figuring out how to do this would be appreciated. The minimum order qty based upon the option selected may be the sticking point with this. I do want to set a minimum dollar amount for the entire order as well.

Thanks
Paul
 Posted Wed 8 Jun 2011
große Käse

große Käse - (449,550 reputation)große Käse - (449,550 reputation)große Käse - (449,550 reputation)große Käse - (449,550 reputation)große Käse - (449,550 reputation)große Käse - (449,550 reputation)große Käse - (449,550 reputation)große Käse - (449,550 reputation)große Käse - (449,550 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
kartris has support for USPS, but whether this includes the fixed price boxes depends on USPS I guess. Certainly it can total up the weight of all items.

At present there isn't a minimum quantity setting per item, though there is the minimum order value setting. Will look at minimum order quantity, I think it is something we could add-in but will probably require another field in the versions table, so will probably need to be in 1.4 rather than the present version.

Quantity discounts might achieve a similar effect in that you could price single items high, and then reduce this to sensible levels for 10 or more items. I guess the downside of that method is making it sufficiently clear to users - maybe something in the version description to indicate they should purchase 10 or more items.

I think you could use product combinations - these allow you to add specific charges for certain options which are added to the base price, though not minimum order qty at present.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
Reulen
 Posted Fri 14 Jun 2013
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (1,378 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,378 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,378 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,378 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,378 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,378 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,378 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,378 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,378 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Tue 15 Oct 2013
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've also been looking for the minimum quantity setting. Has this ever been added to Kartris?

Thanks.
Sat 15 Jun 2013 by Reulen
Paul
 Posted Thu 27 Jun 2013
große Käse

große Käse - (449,550 reputation)große Käse - (449,550 reputation)große Käse - (449,550 reputation)große Käse - (449,550 reputation)große Käse - (449,550 reputation)große Käse - (449,550 reputation)große Käse - (449,550 reputation)große Käse - (449,550 reputation)große Käse - (449,550 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
There is a minimum order value setting.

There is also a 'unit size' object config setting that can be set per product. This allows you to specify that particular products must either be ordered in multiples or can be ordered in fractions.

For example, let's say you want to price bolts individually, but you want to sell them in boxes of at least 50. You can set a price for a single item as $0.25, but then require that the item can only be ordered in multiples of 50 - i.e. 50, 100, 150 pieces.

You can also use this setting to permit fractions of an item to be purchased. For example, if you sell cloth, you can price it per metre, but allow fractions of 0.01 or 0.05 or whatever of a metre to be purchased.

If no value is entered in this object config value, the default is '1' - in other words the price is for one item, and you can order it in multiples of 1 (i.e. integer values).

A store-wide minimum quantity tends to be less useful, as most stores sell a variety of items, and a simple quantity limit of '10 items' makes little sense when customers could buy anything from a computer to sheets of paper.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
Reulen
 Posted Mon 1 Jul 2013
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (1,378 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,378 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,378 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,378 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,378 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,378 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,378 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,378 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,378 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Tue 15 Oct 2013
Thanks for answering!

I'll take a look at those settings.