URGENT - PLEASE HELP - MY SEARCH STOPPED

Posted By jeffb Thu 5 Nov 2015
Add to Favorites0
jeffb
 Posted Thu 5 Nov 2015
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (12,887 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,887 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,887 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,887 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,887 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,887 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,887 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,887 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,887 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Thu 13 Oct 2016
Apologies, but I have an update.

When I went to the FTS tab in the admin screen, the search was disabled (I do not have FTS yet on the SQL side).

But it was NOT due to the stored procedure being removed.

The problem is that when you go into the FTS tab, the config setting general.fts.enabled gets set to "y" automatically. This prompts the cart to want to look for the stored procedure for spKartrisDB_searchFTS, instead of just spKartrisDB_search, whenever a search is done.

Once the general.fts.enabled is set to "y", there was no way I could find to shut it off via the admin screen.

So I had to go into the config table in SQL, and manually change it to "n".
Then I restarted the kartris site and search worked again.

Apologies for my original mis-diagnosis, but hopefully my experience can save someone else this grief.

Cheers!
jeffb
 Posted Thu 5 Nov 2015
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (12,887 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,887 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,887 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,887 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,887 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,887 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,887 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,887 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,887 reputation)

Basically, clicking on the FTS tab in admin appears to have REMOVED both search related stored procedures from my SQL server database.

There is no longer a stored procedure called 'spKartrisDB_SearchFTS' or 'spKartrisDB_Search'.

Does anyone have the spKartrisDB_Search stored procedure available so I can re-add it?

And why does the admin panel delete them?

Or did i completely miss the boat here?

Thanks
jeffb
 Posted Thu 5 Nov 2015
Supreme Being

My search functionality has completely stopped working. Kartris version is v2.8004.

Here's what I did:

- in the admin panel, i navigated to the database admin screen, then just cliked on the FTS tab.

As soon as I did this, I saw that FTS was enabled, but no languages were displayed. Just the act of clicking on this tab caused my search to stop working. Prior to this I had full search capability. Now search yields the error Could not find stored procedure 'spKartrisDB_SearchFTS'.

But how can I just put things back to normal non FTS searh????