CSS or Master Template not working after Kartris Install

Posted By ret Sun 23 Aug 2015
Add to Favorites0
ret
 Posted Sun 23 Aug 2015
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (1,632 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,632 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,632 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,632 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,632 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,632 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,632 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,632 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,632 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Tue 25 Aug 2015
I installed Kartris recently and everything went fine until I got to the last step where the installer writes to the web.config file. The installer said it could write to the file and that I must download the web.config file and manually copy it over after installation finished.

After installation, I successfully copied the downloaded web.config file over manually. However, there are no styles (CSS or Master Teamplate - not sure) being applied to the Kartris system.

Kartris is functional, but the navigation and text is just running down the left side of the web page without any formatting. So everything looks messy and it is very hard to navigate.

I logged into the admin screen where you can change Skins. I have tried applying different skins to see if that would help, but nothing seems to work. The pages stay white and no formatting is applied.

Any idea how to get the system to apply the CSS correctly? Any help is appreciated.

Rick
Mon 24 Aug 2015 by Paul
Paul
 Posted Mon 24 Aug 2015
große Käse

große Käse - (449,876 reputation)große Käse - (449,876 reputation)große Käse - (449,876 reputation)große Käse - (449,876 reputation)große Käse - (449,876 reputation)große Käse - (449,876 reputation)große Käse - (449,876 reputation)große Käse - (449,876 reputation)große Käse - (449,876 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
I think the most likely reason is simply that the webshopURL config setting in the store is wrong. Normally this should get picked up automatically during the setup routine and set in the db, but perhaps something went wrong.

Can you view the source of the page, and see if you can view the paths to the CSS files and confirm if these are correct or not? You can try to login to the back end:

/admin/

Then, once inside, go to the config settings page and search for 'webshop'. Update the webshopurl config setting to the address your site is running at, and don't forget http:// at the start, and a slash / at the end.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
ret
 Posted Mon 24 Aug 2015
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (1,632 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,632 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,632 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,632 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,632 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,632 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,632 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,632 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,632 reputation)

Paul - I appreciate your help with trying to resolve this issue. I verified that the correct URL is in the webshopurl setting. I even saved it again to be sure. Still not working.

The website looks like the image in the attached file.

Any other ideas?

Rick
 Kartris no CSS.JPG (8 views, 29.20 KB)
Mart
 Posted Mon 24 Aug 2015
Top Banana

Top Banana - (84,817 reputation)Top Banana - (84,817 reputation)Top Banana - (84,817 reputation)Top Banana - (84,817 reputation)Top Banana - (84,817 reputation)Top Banana - (84,817 reputation)Top Banana - (84,817 reputation)Top Banana - (84,817 reputation)Top Banana - (84,817 reputation)

Last Active: Wed 18 Nov 2020
View the html source of the page. Can you see where its looking for the CSS files? That's probably going to give you a very good idea as to what isn't set up right. I'd get either
1) the path is wrong
2) the path is correct, but the CSS files are missing
Paul
 Posted Tue 25 Aug 2015
große Käse

große Käse - (449,876 reputation)große Käse - (449,876 reputation)große Käse - (449,876 reputation)große Käse - (449,876 reputation)große Käse - (449,876 reputation)große Käse - (449,876 reputation)große Käse - (449,876 reputation)große Käse - (449,876 reputation)große Käse - (449,876 reputation)

Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
If the files are present, try viewing the CSS file directly in your browser. It's possible there is some permissions or server setup issue that means the CSS file is returning an error, rather than the CSS code it should provide. It's a static file so this is unlikely, but I have seen it happen on occasions.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
ret
 Posted Tue 25 Aug 2015
Supreme Being

I have looked at the html source for the pages being returned by the server and I am not seeing anything obviously wrong. The CSS files are in the correct location and seem to be referenced correctly.

I am attaching my web.config file to see if you guys see anything obvious there since the error message I received during setup was in relation to writing back to the web.config file and instructed me to download the web.config file (provided via a button) and manually replace the web.config file provided during initial setup.

Note I had to name the file webconfig.txt to attach it to this post.

If you don't see anything obviously wrong here, I think I will try installing the product again.

Appreciate your help,

Rick
 webconfig.txt (2 views, 22.00 KB)