Massive import of product

Posted By Supermac Thu 6 Aug 2015
Add to Favorites0
Supermac
 Posted Thu 6 Aug 2015
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (72,839 reputation)Supreme Being - (72,839 reputation)Supreme Being - (72,839 reputation)Supreme Being - (72,839 reputation)Supreme Being - (72,839 reputation)Supreme Being - (72,839 reputation)Supreme Being - (72,839 reputation)Supreme Being - (72,839 reputation)Supreme Being - (72,839 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Wed 22 Jul 2020
I'm on fire :-)
After successful import of customers from csv, I started to think at massive import of products from ERP csv generated file.

As they suggested me for customers, I started to examine ProductsBLL._AddProducts function.

To semplify things, products I'll import will be singleversion type products and will be charged in a bulk category with known ID (in a second step I'll think about tree categories creation for current product I'm inserting).

I got a few problems to identify info I have to supply to _AddProduct function as parameters and to recreate the logic path of product creation:

1- ptbElements (datatable first parameter of function) what should contain exactly? I argue the info listed in LanguageElementFieldNames table (Name, Desc,PageTitle, MetaDescription, ...), have I to supply ALL that info?

2- Once I'll have inserted the product and function will return me ProductID, I'll have a record in Products table, then to add other info (prices, stock quantities, etcetera) I'll have to call VersionBLL._AddNewVersion function, am I correct?