BASKET ERROR

Posted By ActiveHealth Tue 24 Feb 2015
Add to Favorites0
ActiveHealth
 Posted Tue 24 Feb 2015
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (12,304 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,304 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,304 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,304 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,304 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,304 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,304 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,304 reputation)Supreme Being - (12,304 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Tue 10 Mar 2015
Hi Guys,

Upgraded from 2.5005 to 2.8. I have a flat fresh new install of 2.8, and have used the data tool to swap the old 2.005 database to 2.8 - all done and correct. The problem is, now its updated, the basket link, from the mini basket, comes up with a blank page. Nothing has been modified in any page, no style sheets - literally nothing. You can see this on www.apollotau.com and www.ibogashop.com - which has the style sheet mods, same error. It was working before the database update with the sample data, so I'm guessing the data tool is making the basket page not work - any ideas how to fix this?

In summary, the error only comes when you use the data tool and it shows no actual error, but there is just a plain white page. There are no mods on any pages, other than text and style sheets on www.ibogashop.com and the www.apollotau.com is the same, but as a completely clean install with zero mods, working fine until the data tool was used to swap all the data over. Checkout etc is fine, just the basket link. I have no idea how to even start finding which bit of the database is fudging the basket...

Regards,

Mark Towse
Tue 24 Feb 2015 by ActiveHealth
Paul
 Posted Thu 26 Feb 2015
große Käse

große Käse - (449,808 reputation)große Käse - (449,808 reputation)große Käse - (449,808 reputation)große Käse - (449,808 reputation)große Käse - (449,808 reputation)große Käse - (449,808 reputation)große Käse - (449,808 reputation)große Käse - (449,808 reputation)große Käse - (449,808 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
Generally for upgrading from a relatively recent kartris like 2.5 to 2.8, I would suggest not using the data tool, and instead using the upgrade scripts in the uploads/resources folder. Install your 2.5 db, run the upgrade scripts from the version you have upwards (sometimes you will see errors reported but if so ignore them), one by one, until you get to the latest, and in theory you should have a working latest version db.

The data tool works by copying data from one db to another, but since we've been going with the upgrade scripts for Kartris, we've tended not to use or test the kartris-kartris copying of data, so it is possible that some required info is no longer carried across.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb