v2.8001 step 3 install fails

Posted By t_rick_s Sun 8 Feb 2015
Add to Favorites0
t_rick_s
 Posted Sun 8 Feb 2015
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (6,206 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,206 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,206 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,206 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,206 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,206 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,206 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,206 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,206 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Fri 27 Feb 2015
Hi!
I'm trying to install a fresh, out of the zip, v.2.8001 to my web hosting service (web farm).
The prereq. is all ok, ASP.NET 4.0 and MSSQL.
At step 3 of the installation I put in the server name, username, password, tick the use an existing db and the database.
Connection is OK but something fails and there's an error:

Error:
Database Schema Creation Failed - Incorrect syntax near '0x0a00'.

If I tick create samle data I get:

Error: Database Sample Creation Failed - Incorrect syntax near '0x0a00'.

The web host support does not have a solution, they think maybe it's something to do with the SQL version?

Can someone please shed som light on this matter?
t_rick_s
 Posted Sun 8 Feb 2015
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (6,206 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,206 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,206 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,206 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,206 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,206 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,206 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,206 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,206 reputation)

So I've populated the host database with the db made in v2.7 of Kartris, upgraded it to v2.8 with the scrips, and now when I get to step 3 no errors occurs. In fact, nothing happens. There's a page update spinning and then _nothing_.
How do I get to step 4??
The installation procedure on a web host is not very well described in the Kartris KB.
t_rick_s Marked As Answer
 Posted Sun 8 Feb 2015
Supreme Being

So I finally got the webshop up and running. For those who encounter a similar problem, here's what I did.

Deleted my db at the host sid and created a new from the hosts interface (empty db).
Added my details manually in the connection string in web.config.
Also added the hash salt key from my current local installation of Kartris.
Opened SQL Server Management studio, and opened the kartrisSQL_MainData.sql in the new Kartris folder ..\Uploads\Resources and ran the script.
Once done, I opened Kartris data tool and imported data from my local 2.7 installation to the host db (import and update dupilicates).
Went to my domain and the installation web page started.
Used the old hash salt key, and all steps went through!
Downloaded the new web.config as promted.
Uploaded the new web.config as promted.
Went to my domain and it said "Kartris alredy installed", fine, progress but not OK.
Tried update and the site reverted to localhost.
Went to www.mydomain.here/admin/ and got a login screen.
Logged in and the backend worked so I looked up "localhost" in the searchfield and corrected the pointer from localhost to my domain.
Success!

Not bad for a newbie, dont you think? BigGrin
So, hope this helps someone else. I hope I newer have to do this kind of headache again.
Mart
 Posted Sun 8 Feb 2015
Top Banana

Top Banana - (84,909 reputation)Top Banana - (84,909 reputation)Top Banana - (84,909 reputation)Top Banana - (84,909 reputation)Top Banana - (84,909 reputation)Top Banana - (84,909 reputation)Top Banana - (84,909 reputation)Top Banana - (84,909 reputation)Top Banana - (84,909 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Wed 18 Nov 2020
Yes, I'd say pretty good going for a newbie!