Editing a customer address

Posted By TheCalicoTree Mon 3 Nov 2014
Add to Favorites0
TheCalicoTree
 Posted Mon 3 Nov 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (63,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,332 reputation)Supreme Being - (63,332 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Thu 18 Jun 2015
My client would like the ability to edit customer information through the back end (specifically address information that has been mis-typed).

We have seen that you can edit address information through the customer orders but only if you cancel the existing order and re-create it.

Is there any way that this can be done without having to cancel orders? If not then I'm sure that there is a legal/technical reason why not in which case an explanation of that reason would be good to go back to my client with.

Thanks

Helen
Paul
 Posted Sun 9 Nov 2014
große Käse

große Käse - (452,434 reputation)große Käse - (452,434 reputation)große Käse - (452,434 reputation)große Käse - (452,434 reputation)große Käse - (452,434 reputation)große Käse - (452,434 reputation)große Käse - (452,434 reputation)große Käse - (452,434 reputation)große Käse - (452,434 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
The main issue with editing address is that it is linked to location, and location can affect shipping costs and hence order value. But we've also tended to prefer to keep an audit trail of order changes made by admins, and creating a new order helps do this. If address etc is changed by admins in the back end, you would still have the text of the original order entered by the customer (to avoid dispute over whether they or your admins put in wrong address), but if the address is changed multiple times, there is no history of this unless you clone orders and then archive the original ones as we do.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb