Multiple Ship To Addresses

Posted By SAbow Tue 26 Aug 2014
Add to Favorites0
SAbow
 Posted Tue 26 Aug 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (38,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (38,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (38,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (38,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (38,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (38,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (38,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (38,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (38,985 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Tue 2 Feb 2021
Hi,

I have clients that would love to have this feature, especially when selling gift items, customers would like to ship each product to a different address, all within the same order, with one cc charge for the total.

Let us know if you have any plans to incorporate this in a future update.

Thanks,

-SAbow
Tiggywiggler
 Posted Tue 26 Aug 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (105,300 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,300 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,300 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,300 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,300 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,300 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,300 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,300 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,300 reputation)

Last Active: Mon 6 Dec 2021
SAbow, are you suggesting that the user of your site would select the item(s) they wanted, list multiple 'deliver to' addresses, pay one single fee which would be all of the items and devliery costs bundled together?

Assuming this is the intention what about being able to clone an order for a new destination? the reason I ask is that you would get problems with products being returned because the order number would not relate to a single dispatch, so if I sent it to one address and that person returned the product or had a problem with the product I would not be able to track that delivery from that order number, I would need to combine the order number and delviery address to track it down.

From an auditting point of view it would make more sense to me to have a single dispatch for each order number, and then allow the user to clone the order and send that to another address.

Do you understand where I am coming from? I look forward to your thoughts.

We are always willing to help out the community or pitch in to help you fix a problem. However, if you want a complete solution made such as a code module or new feature added you have two options. Either
1) Reach out to the Kartris internal development team at http://www.kartris.com/Contact.aspx.
2) Contact one of the Kartris approved partners at http://www.kartris.com/t-Worldwide-Developers.aspx.

Have fun and good luck coding.
Paul
 Posted Wed 27 Aug 2014
große Käse

große Käse - (449,944 reputation)große Käse - (449,944 reputation)große Käse - (449,944 reputation)große Käse - (449,944 reputation)große Käse - (449,944 reputation)große Käse - (449,944 reputation)große Käse - (449,944 reputation)große Käse - (449,944 reputation)große Käse - (449,944 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
The other problem is calculating postage/shipping.

If I have to ship items to different locations, I would need to calculate shipping for each of those separately, and display all those different shipping costs (potentially).

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
SAbow
 Posted Thu 4 Sep 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (38,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (38,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (38,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (38,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (38,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (38,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (38,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (38,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (38,985 reputation)

Last Active: Tue 2 Feb 2021
Both are true considerations, but from the customers' end, they'd hate to have multiple charge on their credit card, as well as for many gateway that raises a fraud alert. So ideally, the charge should remain as one total for the parent order with one invoice to the customer, and then the shipping price(s), addresses, and tracking number, would be on the suborders.
Tiggywiggler
 Posted Fri 5 Sep 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (105,300 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,300 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,300 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,300 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,300 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,300 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,300 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,300 reputation)Supreme Being - (105,300 reputation)

Last Active: Mon 6 Dec 2021
How about allowing the user to raise multiple orders at once without paying for any of them, essentially they would be paying on account but without supplying actual account information. This way the customer would be in arrears, then they could go in and settle their account in one hit, basically paying for all orders at once.

Would this be more like what you want?

As far as I know this sort of thing does not exist in Kartris but could possibly be done, it would likely sit on top of the existing logic used for Purchase Order payments but without actually using the PO provider.

It does raise other questions though such as, would you apply quantity discounts to each individual order or the group of orders?

We are always willing to help out the community or pitch in to help you fix a problem. However, if you want a complete solution made such as a code module or new feature added you have two options. Either
1) Reach out to the Kartris internal development team at http://www.kartris.com/Contact.aspx.
2) Contact one of the Kartris approved partners at http://www.kartris.com/t-Worldwide-Developers.aspx.

Have fun and good luck coding.