Compatibility with FedEx

Posted By vallas Wed 28 May 2014
Add to Favorites1
vallas
 Posted Wed 28 May 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (1,960 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,960 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,960 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,960 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,960 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,960 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,960 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,960 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,960 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Wed 28 May 2014
Hi,

I just started using Kartris not too long ago and have been starting to set up products.

My company uses FedEx to ship and I was wondering if there was a possibility to utilize some sort of plugin that my customers can use?

I noticed there was ones already for UPS and USPS.
Paul
 Posted Fri 30 May 2014
große Käse

große Käse - (449,860 reputation)große Käse - (449,860 reputation)große Käse - (449,860 reputation)große Käse - (449,860 reputation)große Käse - (449,860 reputation)große Käse - (449,860 reputation)große Käse - (449,860 reputation)große Käse - (449,860 reputation)große Käse - (449,860 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
We don't have fedex at present, but would be happy to provide code for UPS and USPS if you fancy trying this. It should in theory be possible to build a similar plugin for Fedex.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
jcosmo
 Posted Thu 12 Nov 2015
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (9,053 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,053 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,053 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,053 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,053 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,053 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,053 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,053 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,053 reputation)

Last Active: Tue 16 Feb 2016
I am also needing to develop a plugin to support FedEx. I've seen several people state they are in need of this - has anyone developed a FedEx plugin they are willing to share?

Can I get the the UPS and USPS plugin code? I've found some of the payment gateway plugins, but haven't located the UPS and USPS plugin code anywhere on the site.

It looks like I may need to make some modifications to those plugins for my client, and that would be very helpful in developing the FedEx plugin if I need to go down that road on my own.

Thanks!
Paul
 Posted Thu 12 Nov 2015
große Käse

große Käse - (449,860 reputation)große Käse - (449,860 reputation)große Käse - (449,860 reputation)große Käse - (449,860 reputation)große Käse - (449,860 reputation)große Käse - (449,860 reputation)große Käse - (449,860 reputation)große Käse - (449,860 reputation)große Käse - (449,860 reputation)

We had worked on a Fedex plugin but never managed to finish it. We've zipped up the shipping gateway code into a solution, it can be downloaded here:

http://www.kartris.com/Downloads/Kartris_Shipping_Plugins_SDK_v1.000.zip

Would be great if you do get this working and could share the code so we can add it back into the project.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
Supermac
 Posted Thu 12 Nov 2015
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (71,563 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,563 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,563 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,563 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,563 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,563 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,563 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,563 reputation)Supreme Being - (71,563 reputation)

Last Active: Wed 22 Jul 2020
Paul
Would be great if you do get this working and could share the code so we can add it back into the project.

I wish to see this soon onboard!
jcosmo
 Posted Tue 1 Dec 2015
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (9,053 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,053 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,053 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,053 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,053 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,053 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,053 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,053 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,053 reputation)

I've completed a Fedex plugin. Below is a link to the updated source code:

http://www.ctgsoftware.com/downloads/Kartris_Shipping_Plugins_SDK_v1.000.zip

My client had a requirement to be able to rename and suppress shipment options coming back through the gateway. UPS already allowed for this through the UPSServiceCodes.XML file. So I modified the USPS Gateway to include a USPSServiceCodes.xml file that would do the same, and implemented Fedex with a FedexServiceCodes.xml file to do the same. You can change the Name of any service to adjust the display name, or remove the service entirely from the XML to suppress it from the available ship options.
Paul
 Posted Tue 8 Dec 2015
große Käse

That looks great. Do you have any info on the steps required to set this up, such as what kind of account and settings are needed in the Fedex side of things? I can get that written up in the userguide.

If we include this code, we'd want to put GPL v2 licensing/warranty on it, and include details or your copyright as well as ours on some of the base code. Do you have a preference for URL and name in any copyright message in the code? We'd also like to put a link/credit on the site and in any release notes too. Can PM to me if you prefer.

--

jcosmo
 Posted Tue 8 Dec 2015
Supreme Being

Developers would want to sign up for FedEx Web Services / Rate Service. They can get documentation and sign up here: http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/web-services/index.html

Here is a rundown of the Settings in Kartris:

FriendlyName - Name displayed to users for the Shipping Option

UnitOfMeasurement - Unit of Measurement to use in sending weights to Fedex. Ideally this should match the unit of measurement used in Kartris items to avoid conversions taking place. LBS and KGS are valid values

Currency - This is the currency that the Insured Value is specified in, ie USD

DeveloperKey - This is assigned by FedEx when you sign up

DeveloperPassword - This is assigned by FedEx when you sign up

AccountNumber - This is assigned by FedEx when you sign up

MeterNumber - This is assigned by FedEx when you sign up

ShopCountryCode - The country code of the store location shipments will take place from

ShopPostalCode - The postal code of the store location shipments will take place from

RateResidential - Indicates if rates returned should be residential. This should be set to TRUE for most stores, but can be set to FALSE in strictly B2B scenarios

PackageDimensionInches_hwl - Optional. If left blank no package information is included in the rate request. Otherwise the height, width, length of the package in inches.

InsuredValue - Optional. If left blank, no insurance is included in the rate request. Otherwise the value to insure for the package.

Fedex_RateWebReference_Rate - https://ws.fedex.com:443/web-services/rate for production credentials or https://wsbeta.fedex.com:443/web-services/rate for testing credentials

Status - Needs to be ON