Order Process

Posted By ianguest Tue 22 Apr 2014
Add to Favorites0
ianguest
 Posted Tue 22 Apr 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (41,866 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,866 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,866 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,866 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,866 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,866 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,866 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,866 reputation)Supreme Being - (41,866 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Tue 31 Mar 2015
I have just launched a new site using the Kartris v2.5009 software.

When the customer presses the 'Add' button, Kartris displays a message Adding item(s) to basket.

Could this message display the product added with a button 'View Shopping basket', 'Checkout' & 'Continue shopping'?

This box would then either direct the customer to one of the options or require the customer to close the box.
Paul
 Posted Tue 22 Apr 2014
große Käse

große Käse - (450,016 reputation)große Käse - (450,016 reputation)große Käse - (450,016 reputation)große Käse - (450,016 reputation)große Käse - (450,016 reputation)große Käse - (450,016 reputation)große Käse - (450,016 reputation)große Käse - (450,016 reputation)große Käse - (450,016 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
There isn't a setting for this, though I have seen some people modify the basket popup to add extra links. It can be quite tricky as the popup is triggered in slightly different ways for different items. Multiple and single version products trigger it with client side javascript if they are not customizable, this gives an instant response so makes the cart feel faster. Items that have options or are text customizable trigger the popup with ajax, so there is a slight delay because of the postback to the server - this is because in the case of options, the selections need to be error checked that they're valid, and in the case of text customizations, the customization popup has to appear instead of the 'adding to basket' popup.

I think the other thing to consider is whether this simplifies the process for the customer or just complicates it.... if you find that most people on the site only buy a single item, you can set the basket behaviour from the config settings so adding an item takes you to the basket page, where you can see the item in there and checkout too. I think this is easier to understand for most customers than being presented with a choice.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb