How do Custom Pages work?

Posted By WithaG Fri 14 Feb 2014
Add to Favorites0
WithaG
 Posted Fri 14 Feb 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (6,455 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,455 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,455 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,455 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,455 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,455 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,455 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,455 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,455 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Mon 19 Nov 2018
I'm new to Kartris, and have just installed 2.5008 to see if it meets my needs. I'm happy with all the e-commerce functionality so I'm about to move on to skinning and customizing and I need a few simple content pages such as "About Us".

In the Admin system I can see a section called Miscellaneous -> Custom Pages but I can't find any reference to it in the documentation. I've had a quick play and I have used "Preview Pages" to see if it does what I expect, but once I've saved my page I can find no way of navigating to the page on the Front End, even though the page says it is live.

Do I need to write my own custom menu to display my custom pages or am I missing a setting somewhere?
Paul
 Posted Fri 14 Feb 2014
große Käse

große Käse - (450,046 reputation)große Käse - (450,046 reputation)große Käse - (450,046 reputation)große Käse - (450,046 reputation)große Käse - (450,046 reputation)große Käse - (450,046 reputation)große Käse - (450,046 reputation)große Käse - (450,046 reputation)große Käse - (450,046 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
Yes, custom pages URLs will take the format as follows:

[siteURL]/t-[pageID].aspx

So a page with the ID 'Payment-Gateway-Support' on our site results in the following URL:

http://www.kartris.com/t-Payment-Gateway-Support.aspx

If you look at our demo here: http://demo.kartris.com/ you can see there are two menus, one in light grey which contains links to various content, and one in black which links to the product categories. Both of these use ASP.NET sitemap code. However, the category one is dynamically generated from the content of the database (the categories), whereas the light grey one is build from the contents of the web_menu.sitemap file in the root of Kartris.

So you would need to add links to your skin design manually, but this can be done through editing the web_menu.sitemap file if you want the pages added to menus there, or you can add new hyperlink controls to the skin itself, if you want links in the footer for example.

You may need to restart the site after editing the web_menu.sitemap before you see the changes.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
WithaG
 Posted Fri 14 Feb 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (6,455 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,455 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,455 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,455 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,455 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,455 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,455 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,455 reputation)Supreme Being - (6,455 reputation)

Excellent, thanks, I'll have a play with that.

One other question - I noticed another poster talking about some kind of wysiwig/html editor with image upload capabilty in the Custom Pages area. I'm not seeing this in my installation. Is this part of the default set up or is it not in this version?

I'm running Kartris on Server 2003/SQL 2005 and currently looking at it in Chrome.
Paul Marked As Answer
 Posted Fri 14 Feb 2014
große Käse

große Käse - (450,046 reputation)große Käse - (450,046 reputation)große Käse - (450,046 reputation)große Käse - (450,046 reputation)große Käse - (450,046 reputation)große Käse - (450,046 reputation)große Käse - (450,046 reputation)große Käse - (450,046 reputation)große Käse - (450,046 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
Have actually added some additional content to the user guide regarding custom pages, few other things in there that will probably help you out.

http://userguide.kartris.com/Default.aspx?headID=356

The present HTML editor we're using doesn't work properly with image upload; it's using the Ajaxtoolkit HTML editor /upload, but that seems to have issues if the control is created programmatically (which it is in the back end forms of Kartris).

In the past we used another HTML editor, but incorporating that in Kartris was a problem due to licensing and code issues when Kartris was released under the GPL v2. We haven't figured out a fix or a workaround at present for the issues with this control.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
WithaG
 Posted Fri 14 Feb 2014
Supreme Being

OK thanks, I think its more of a "nice to have" rather than a necessity for this project. I'm just trying to work out how much Kartris can do for me before I start thinking about developing any bespoke features.

Thanks very much for your help!
kentdivingdev
 Posted Fri 14 Mar 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (1,310 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,310 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,310 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,310 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,310 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,310 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,310 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,310 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,310 reputation)

Last Active: Sat 19 Jul 2014
Hi,

I've updated another thread with a possible work around for the ajaxtoolkit image problem.

http://forum.kartris.com/Topic2574.aspx

Thanks
Craig