Multiple sites using one Kartris database

Posted By holtcomp Wed 12 Feb 2014
Add to Favorites0
holtcomp
 Posted Wed 12 Feb 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (9,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,985 reputation)Supreme Being - (9,985 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Wed 18 May 2016
I have a real requirement for a single Kartris database being used for multiple related websites.

My client has several shoe retail sites, 3 of which sell a single brand of shoe and one of which sells a combination of the 3 brands plus half a dozen other brands. Currently they are 4 different Cactushop sites with 4 different databases.

I'm sure I could figure out a way of making the necessary code changes to make this possible but I am keen to stick closely to the released Kartris software so that i can take advantage of future releases.

What would be the best way to implement this model without too many coding changes ?

**** I have just seen the post regarding multi-store and multi-vendor, I think the multi-store concept would facilitate my needs, are we very close to this becoming a reality ? ****
Wed 12 Feb 2014 by holtcomp