2.5 installation error

Posted By jaymer Fri 17 Jan 2014
Add to Favorites0
jaymer
 Posted Fri 17 Jan 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (10,039 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,039 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,039 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,039 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,039 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,039 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,039 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,039 reputation)Supreme Being - (10,039 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Tue 13 May 2014
Hi,I'm having troubles connecting to SQL to create the database during setup, I get the following message...

The package installation failed.

Details:
The database 'KartrisSQL' could not be created.
Login failed for user 'guitaradmin'.

Warning: Cannot connect to the database 'KartrisSQL'.
Retrying operation 'Add' on object dbFullSql (server=.\sqlexpress;database=KartrisSQL;uid=guitaradmin). Attempt 1 of 5.
Warning: The database 'KartrisSQL' could not be created.
Retrying operation 'Add' on object dbFullSql (server=.\sqlexpress;database=KartrisSQL;uid=guitaradmin). Attempt 2 of 5.
Retrying operation 'Add' on object dbFullSql (server=.\sqlexpress;database=KartrisSQL;uid=guitaradmin). Attempt 3 of 5.
Retrying operation 'Add' on object dbFullSql (server=.\sqlexpress;database=KartrisSQL;uid=guitaradmin). Attempt 4 of 5.
Retrying operation 'Add' on object dbFullSql (server=.\sqlexpress;database=KartrisSQL;uid=guitaradmin). Attempt 5 of 5.

When using SQL on the machine, I connect using Windows Authentication, so I don't know how to connect correctly using other passwords/usernames.
I've tried everything I can think of, can anyone there tell me where to go...

Thanks,
James
imbox
 Posted Sat 18 Jan 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (8,790 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,790 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,790 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,790 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,790 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,790 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,790 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,790 reputation)Supreme Being - (8,790 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Sun 13 Apr 2014
Perhaps you can start with anabling TCP/IP remote connections on your SQL server. Here are a couple of links for your reference.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb909712(v=vs.90).aspx

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9138172/enable-tcp-ip-remote-connections-to-sql-server-express-already-installed-databas

Then you may want to try changing the authentication method and setting a password for sa user (which is the administrator userID)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188670.aspx

It will help if you have SQL Management Studio installed so you can access the SQL server and perform a variety of functions, the first being the ability to log in. Remember to use the SQL Authentication method, typically use userID = sa

--------------------------------------------------------------

** If you find this post useful, please rate it. Thanks.

** If you find this post useful, please rate it. Thanks.

Paul
 Posted Tue 21 Jan 2014
große Käse

große Käse - (450,254 reputation)große Käse - (450,254 reputation)große Käse - (450,254 reputation)große Käse - (450,254 reputation)große Käse - (450,254 reputation)große Käse - (450,254 reputation)große Käse - (450,254 reputation)große Käse - (450,254 reputation)große Käse - (450,254 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
If using windows authentication on Windows 2008 or above, the default user is normally called:

IIS APPPOOL\[sitename]

You may find it easier to go into MS SQL, create a new db, and then run the SQL creation script manually on this (its the 'maindata' script in Kartris's Uploads/Resources folder). Then run the sample data one too if possible.

Next create the login (Security > New Login). You will need to type the full name of the login IIS APPPOOL\[sitename], and then map it to the db in the 'User Mapping' link on the left hand side of this dialog.

Finally, navigate in MSSQL to the database, expand the security folder and find this new user. Edit permissions and check the db admin checkbox is 'database role membership' (the bottom section).

You should now have a full kartris db, and a user for this web with permissions. Run through the Kartris setup, and it should find this db and reset the admin password for you and everything should work out. If this doesn't work, then it may need some tinkering on your server to figure out what is wrong.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb