Basket failure in non-english languages

Posted By tasosdr Tue 15 Oct 2013
Add to Favorites1
tasosdr
 Posted Tue 15 Oct 2013
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (22,195 reputation)Supreme Being - (22,195 reputation)Supreme Being - (22,195 reputation)Supreme Being - (22,195 reputation)Supreme Being - (22,195 reputation)Supreme Being - (22,195 reputation)Supreme Being - (22,195 reputation)Supreme Being - (22,195 reputation)Supreme Being - (22,195 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Thu 16 Jun 2022
Dear all,

I recently started to develop an e-shop solution based in your platform. The fact that it was supporting different languages in an easy to implement way was the key to select it. The solution I am developing has to be in 3 languages, namely: English, Greek, German. My residence is in Greece and Greek is the default language.
The broblem that I came onto has as follows:
1. If I try to see the basket while empty I do it as expected in all 3 languages.
2. If I add a product then in Greek and German the mini-basket does not update (stays to 0) and if I click to show basket or checkout then the platform crashes and I can not even acces any page in these two languages. The English (e.g /default.aspx?L=1) works fine and there one can see that the products have been added correctly.
3. I have tried everything I could imagine or think in Admin config to a vein. I am citing below the error log record.
I would appreciated greatly a quick answer becouse I am running out of time in delivering the content.
Best regards,

Tasos Drosiadis
PS. Also in both non english languages the expression $_ADD of the button in the product to add does not displays the translated value. I have putted the translations in the FormButton_Add variable.The stage fase of the e-shop can be found for your review at: http://dev.rira.gr

Error Lor record
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Version:2,5004
>> URL:http://dev.rira.gr/Product.aspx?ProductID=12&CategoryID=1&L=2
>> Page:
>> 16/10/2013 12:00:21 πμ
>> 5.55.93.136
>> DESCRIPTION:
System.Data.SyntaxErrorException: Syntax error in the expression.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.CallMethod(Container BaseReference, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags InvocationFlags, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at Product.Page_LoadComplete(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.OnLoadComplete(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

==================================================

>> Version:2,5004
>> URL:http://dev.rira.gr/Basket.aspx
>> Page:
>> 16/10/2013 12:00:28 πμ
>> 5.55.93.136
>> DESCRIPTION:
System.Data.SyntaxErrorException: Syntax error in the expression.
at System.Data.ExpressionParser.Parse()
at System.Data.DataExpression..ctor(DataTable table, String expression, Type type)
at System.Data.DataTable.Compute(String expression, String filter)
at TaxRegime.CalculateTaxRate(Double V_Tax, Double V_Tax2, Double D_Tax, Double D_Tax2, String D_TaxExtra)
at BasketBLL.Validate(Boolean blnAllowOutOfStock)
at Templates_BasketView.LoadBasket()
at Templates_BasketView.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

==================================================

Tue 15 Oct 2013 by tasosdr
Emmanuel Marked As Answer
 Posted Mon 21 Oct 2013
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (3,258 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,258 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,258 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,258 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,258 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,258 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,258 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,258 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,258 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Fri 3 Jan 2014
Hi Tasosdr;

I didnt do much more than that... did you setup a correct email and smtp in the config settings?
(mail is enabled by default but with empty smtp value, wich throw an error)
also check if you have a translated value on the products and versions you are using if you created them before adding the new languages.
What does the log says ? what is the tax rate you apply ?

Regards;
Emmanuel