creat e / update products from feed

Posted By JamesHaswell Thu 10 Oct 2013
Add to Favorites1
JamesHaswell
 Posted Thu 10 Oct 2013
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (1,019 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,019 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,019 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,019 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,019 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,019 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,019 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,019 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,019 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Sat 12 Oct 2013
(I'm not sure if this is the correct area for this question...)

Ok, so I know very little about kartris, but I have a question and some background:

question: can I update or create products from a feed file (xml, csv, whatever)?

background:

I currently have a brick and mortar shop and an online shop. Right now we use Drupal and ubercart as our webpage, inventory, POS, and ecommerce solutions. I'm currently writing a standalone program to handle the inventory/POS to de-couple it from the webpage and internet. (I'm writing this in c#, btw)

Should I move the webpage to kartris? If so I would need to make sure there was an automated way for the products on the webpage to be synched to or local copy.

Any thoughts or advice would be most appreciated.

current site is here, btw: www.stompinggrounds.com

Thanks!

James
Paul
 Posted Fri 11 Oct 2013
große Käse

große Käse - (449,818 reputation)große Käse - (449,818 reputation)große Käse - (449,818 reputation)große Käse - (449,818 reputation)große Käse - (449,818 reputation)große Käse - (449,818 reputation)große Käse - (449,818 reputation)große Käse - (449,818 reputation)große Käse - (449,818 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
There are a few options.

The Data Tool has the facility to import product data from a CSV, which can create or update new products. It also has the ability to be run command line, so you could trigger it from your own program, or from a .vbs or whatever.

http://userguide.kartris.com/Default.aspx?headID=257

In the very latest version, we also have a web API, which lets you access any of the BLL functionality remotely via web service calls.

http://userguide.kartris.com/Default.aspx?headID=331

Either of these methods could be used. The web API route probably gives you the most flexibility as you can not only create products but could sync orders, customers and other details too.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
JamesHaswell
 Posted Fri 11 Oct 2013
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (1,019 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,019 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,019 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,019 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,019 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,019 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,019 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,019 reputation)Supreme Being - (1,019 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Sat 12 Oct 2013
That's great.

Now I just have to finish coding the entire project Smile (probably about a year, but I hope less)

next question: is this something that could be hosted on Windows Azure? If so does anyone here have experience with that? I currently have my hosting with InMotionHosting. I've had some issues with them in the past but nothing recently (knock on wood). I think one of my concerns is that the user have a good experience and that the site is quick. I image part of it's slowness now is Drupal.
Paul
 Posted Fri 11 Oct 2013
große Käse

große Käse - (449,818 reputation)große Käse - (449,818 reputation)große Käse - (449,818 reputation)große Käse - (449,818 reputation)große Käse - (449,818 reputation)große Käse - (449,818 reputation)große Käse - (449,818 reputation)große Käse - (449,818 reputation)große Käse - (449,818 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
I know a customer who is running a trial site on azurewebsites.net... which is free Azure hosting. I assume it isn't a virtual server running there, it is native Azure. It's something we looked at but got sidetracked with other things.

From what I read of the reviews, the hosting didn't seem to be particularly fast though. I think the main benefit of Azure would be reliability (if site can be spread across data centres) though it has had it's moments of total outage too. Also ability to scale up quickly for sites that have periods of high traffic from time to time.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb