Google Checkout JavaScript Error

Posted By Richard Sun 12 May 2013
Add to Favorites2
Richard
 Posted Sun 12 May 2013
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (2,619 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,619 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,619 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,619 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,619 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,619 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,619 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,619 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,619 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Thu 16 May 2013
Hi,

I wonder if anyone has had the same experience as me. To make sure it's nothing I've done, I have installed a fresh 2.02 installation with sample data, set up my Google checkout merchant details in either test or fake mode and tried to purchase an item. If I try to use the links that are generated I get the dreaded JavaScript error:

Error: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.
Details: Error parsing near '
<!DOCTYPE html PUB'.

The call stack didn't really help with things:

_endPostBack, ScriptResource.axd, line 2
_parseDelta, ScriptResource.axd, line 2
_onFormSubmitCompleted, ScriptResource.axd, line 2
Anonymous function, ScriptResource.axd, line 2
Anonymous function, ScriptResource.axd, line 2
d, ScriptResource.axd, line 2
completed, ScriptResource.axd, line 2
_onReadyStateChange, ScriptResource.axd, line 2

I've had a Google around and found and found that there are reports of modules and user control conflicts but haven't found any way to make this work.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any advise as to where to go from here?

All suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks.
Medz
 Posted Mon 13 May 2013
Kartris Expert

Kartris Expert - (58,846 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,846 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,846 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,846 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,846 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,846 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,846 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,846 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,846 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Tue 3 Dec 2013
Hi, can you check the error logs and see if something's there?
Richard
 Posted Mon 13 May 2013
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (2,619 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,619 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,619 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,619 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,619 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,619 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,619 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,619 reputation)Supreme Being - (2,619 reputation)

Hi Medz,

Thanks very much for getting back to me. I've checked the application and system logs but there are no entries that indicate anything is wrong. I have logging set to true and have permissions set on the logging directory but have not seen any files created as yet. The JavaScript debug information seems to be the only clues that I have.

The articles that I have read suggest checking the validity of the HTML, response filters, HttpModules and the like. I've followed all that I've found but no results at the moment.

One of the most common cause seems to be by using Response.Write(), so I might try re-writing the _PageBaseClass.vb and Callback.aspx.vb next to rule that out.

It would be great to hear if someone has it working for them on a 2.0x platform.

Thanks again,

Richard.
Medz
 Posted Tue 14 May 2013
Kartris Expert

Kartris Expert - (58,846 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,846 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,846 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,846 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,846 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,846 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,846 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,846 reputation)Kartris Expert - (58,846 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Tue 3 Dec 2013
Sorry but I meant the Error Logs section in the backend admin.

Backend -> Configuration -> Database Admin -> Error Logs

That javascript error is a first sign that the code is having problems communicating with Google. e.g. when I just set the Google Checkout gateway to 'test' mode, I got the same javascript error in the frontend but the code logged this error in the backend ->

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Version:2.0002
>> URL:http://localhost/kartris_2002/Product.aspx?ProductID=3&L=1
>> Page:
>> 14/05/2013 10:07:42
>> ::1
>> DESCRIPTION:
System.Exception: Resp.ResponseXml = <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<error xmlns="http://checkout.google.com/schema/2" serial-number="a27f8852-a51e-4d3c-85d6-785cb88b252b">
<error-message>No seller found with id 1234567890</error-message>
</error>

<br />Resp.RedirectUrl = <br />Resp.IsGood = False<br />Resp.ErrorMessage = No seller found with id 1234567890<br />
at Templates_BasketView.GoogleCheckoutPost(Object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

==================================================
Richard
 Posted Tue 14 May 2013
Supreme Being

Hi Medz,

Thanks very much for the prompt on the server logs. I’vefound the entry from the vanilla site I set up which I’ve pasted below:

>> 13/05/2013 20:24:17

>> 127.0.0.1

>> DESCRIPTION:

System.Exception:Resp.ResponseXml = <?xml version="1.0"encoding="UTF-8"?>

<errorxmlns="http://checkout.google.com/schema/2"serial-number="75f49433-80d7-4c8a-bf9a-df5184557afb">

<error-message>Internal error inserver</error-message>

</error>

<br/>Resp.RedirectUrl = <br />Resp.IsGood = False<br/>Resp.ErrorMessage = Internal error in server<br />

at Templates_BasketView.GoogleCheckoutPost(Objectsender, ImageClickEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Richard\Documents\My Web Sites\CleanSite\UserControls\Front\BasketView.ascx.vb:line1339

atSystem.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e)

atSystem.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)

atSystem.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(StringeventArgument)

atSystem.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl,String eventArgument)

atSystem.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)

atSystem.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I’m offright now to check it out.

Thanks very much for the direction,

Richard.

Tue 14 May 2013 by Richard
Richard
 Posted Thu 16 May 2013
Supreme Being

I've got to the bottom of the 'Internal error in server' Google response. I had the production merchant id instead of the sandbox version. Not the most obvious fix, given the reported error, so one to watch out for.