installing a new skin - help required

Posted By onthespot Thu 11 Nov 2010
Add to Favorites0
onthespot
 Posted Thu 11 Nov 2010
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (3,328 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,328 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,328 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,328 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,328 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,328 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,328 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,328 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,328 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Thu 18 Nov 2010
i am sure this must be simple to do but i have checked via the knowledge base and on this forum and i cant find out how to do it

i have downloaded 'Orange' and placed the masterpages and app_themes in the correct directories as instructed

the readme.txt file suggests changing the skins in the language setting in the admin area. i have had a look at the admin area and nothing stands out as being the place to change the skin.

help much appreciated. thanks
onthespot
 Posted Thu 11 Nov 2010
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (3,328 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,328 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,328 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,328 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,328 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,328 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,328 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,328 reputation)Supreme Being - (3,328 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Thu 18 Nov 2010
ok - i get it now - RTFM

step 1. log into admin area
step 2. go to configuration / config settings / back end / expert mode
step 3. change the backend.expertmode value to 'y'
step 4. save the change (look for the disk icon - it took me a while to spot it)
step 5. go to Regional Set Up / Lang & Email Set up
step 6. you should now see 2 extra fields where you can select the skin files you copied to the directory earlier

hope this helps