Cactushop v7 to Kartris 2.0002 with Datatool

Posted By Neil Tue 7 May 2013
Add to Favorites0
Neil
 Posted Tue 7 May 2013
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (109,821 reputation)Supreme Being - (109,821 reputation)Supreme Being - (109,821 reputation)Supreme Being - (109,821 reputation)Supreme Being - (109,821 reputation)Supreme Being - (109,821 reputation)Supreme Being - (109,821 reputation)Supreme Being - (109,821 reputation)Supreme Being - (109,821 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Sat 3 Nov 2018
I have tried a couple of times this evening to import my Cactushop v7 data to Kartris with the datatool.

Both the Access database and MSSQL database connect fine and the import then runs. Once it finishes the front of the Kartris site has no category or product information at all just the default skin (screengrab attached).

I have tried restarting IIS, SQL server and even rebooting to see if it would clear anything but no change.

If I look at the tables in management studio they look populated.

Trying to log in to the back end gives the following error,

Any ideas?

Edit : I have also attached the log to this post

Server Error in '/XXXXXXXXXXX' Application.

String reference not set to an instance of a String.
Parameter name: name

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: String reference not set to an instance of a String.
Parameter name: name

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
<system.web>
<compilation debug="true"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentNullException: String reference not set to an instance of a String.Parameter name: name]   System.Globalization.CultureInfo..ctor(String name, Boolean useUserOverride) +9359167   _PageBaseClass.InitializeCulture() +231   ASP.admin__default_aspx.__BuildControlTree(admin__default_aspx __ctrl) +47   ASP.admin__default_aspx.FrameworkInitialize() +31   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +54   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +78   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49   ASP.admin__default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +4   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +100   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272
 screengrab.gif (2 views, 15.78 KB)
 log.rtf (1 view, 44.23 KB)
Tue 7 May 2013 by Neil
Paul Marked As Answer
 Posted Wed 8 May 2013
große Käse

große Käse - (449,924 reputation)große Käse - (449,924 reputation)große Käse - (449,924 reputation)große Käse - (449,924 reputation)große Käse - (449,924 reputation)große Käse - (449,924 reputation)große Käse - (449,924 reputation)große Käse - (449,924 reputation)große Käse - (449,924 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
The problem looks to be related in some way to the tree view control, though it's probable that is just the point of failure due to some data issue.

The DT has a couple of options to import data; rather than doing a full upgrade (clearing everything), I've tended to have content such as custom pages set up already, so have opted to just import product data, and then customer data separately later (right before going live).

Could you restore the kartris db and try with just product data, to see if that works. Then I think it will be possible to import customers separately too.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
Neil
 Posted Wed 8 May 2013
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (109,821 reputation)Supreme Being - (109,821 reputation)Supreme Being - (109,821 reputation)Supreme Being - (109,821 reputation)Supreme Being - (109,821 reputation)Supreme Being - (109,821 reputation)Supreme Being - (109,821 reputation)Supreme Being - (109,821 reputation)Supreme Being - (109,821 reputation)

Yes this seems to work. I ran the datatool to move just the product data and then after (as a test for now) the customer data. Everything (including images) look as expected.

I am seeing an issue with the ordering of categories and products using the manual modes set it the config. The up/down arrows do not seem to do anything. I am wondering if it is that the product and category ordering settings were moved and are somehow overriding/conflicting. I ran out of time but will maybe I will create some fresh categories/products to see if this is the problem.

Anyway, thanks that worked.
Wed 8 May 2013 by Neil
Neil
 Posted Thu 9 May 2013
Supreme Being

I created a test category with a few products and the ordering seems to work fine on this but not on the old cataushop data. I looked in the db and there are lots of NULLS where the new products have values.

Any help identifying the tables and fields that are used for the manual product / cat ordering (with up down arrows)??? I guess I can just run some SQL to populate them?