Search Error - No Results

Posted By mc9ag Wed 18 Jul 2012
Add to Favorites0
mc9ag
 Posted Wed 18 Jul 2012
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (587 reputation)Supreme Being - (587 reputation)Supreme Being - (587 reputation)Supreme Being - (587 reputation)Supreme Being - (587 reputation)Supreme Being - (587 reputation)Supreme Being - (587 reputation)Supreme Being - (587 reputation)Supreme Being - (587 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Fri 20 Jul 2012
A search from the main header or the search page enters the following in the log:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException
Database Error: invalid object.
>>    NUMBER:2812
>>    MESSAGE:
Could not find stored procedure 'spKartrisDB_SearchFTS'.

The full error is attached.

Not sure how I've managed this - a fresh working installation doesn't seem to have this particular stored procedure in the database.

Any help appreciated.  Colin
 error.txt (3 views, 2.65 KB)
Wed 18 Jul 2012 by mc9ag
Paul
 Posted Fri 3 Aug 2012
große Käse

große Käse - (450,060 reputation)große Käse - (450,060 reputation)große Käse - (450,060 reputation)große Käse - (450,060 reputation)große Käse - (450,060 reputation)große Käse - (450,060 reputation)große Käse - (450,060 reputation)große Käse - (450,060 reputation)große Käse - (450,060 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
This indicates the site is trying to use FTS - full text search. This is an MSSQL feature that can improve the searching speed, and is especially useful on large sites with thousands, or hundres of thousands of products.

The FTS feature can be enabled from the back end of Kartris - Configuration > Database Admin > FTS. It is activation from here which creates the extra stored procedures necessary.

So I think in your case, it seems to be trying to use FTS, but the sprocs required aren't there (and quite possibly your database doesn't support FTS).

Are you positive you didn't try to activate this in the back end?

Also, which exact version of Kartris are you using? I think in newer ones, it should recognize if no FTS catalogues and switch the general.fts.enabled config setting back to 'n' automatically so it doesn't try to use FTS.

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb
FTS