PayPal integration instructions need updating, desperately!

Posted By thedrumdoctor Tue 28 Feb 2012
Add to Favorites0
thedrumdoctor
 Posted Tue 28 Feb 2012
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (61,209 reputation)Supreme Being - (61,209 reputation)Supreme Being - (61,209 reputation)Supreme Being - (61,209 reputation)Supreme Being - (61,209 reputation)Supreme Being - (61,209 reputation)Supreme Being - (61,209 reputation)Supreme Being - (61,209 reputation)Supreme Being - (61,209 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Mon 21 May 2018
The instructions on the knowledge-base are 2010 and things have changed since then!

Following the instructions on the knowledge-base, here is how the sequence goes on 28 Feb 2012:

Go to the 'Getting paid and managing risk' section.

Go to 'Instant payment notifications Integrate PayPal payment notifications with my website.' option and click the 'Update' link.

This takes you to the 'Instant Payment Notification (IPN)' page.

Choose 'IPN Settings' button

Enter your Notification URL which will be http://www.mysite.xyz/Callback.aspx?g=paypal (where www.mysite.xyz is your domain name).

Make sure to check the 'Receive IPN messages (Enabled)' radio button.

Click the 'Save' button.

As you will still be logged into in PayPal, go to Profile\My Selling Preferences menu option.

Go to the 'Selling online' section.

Go to 'Website preferences Bring customers back to my website after they pay with PayPal.' option and click the 'Update' link.

Go to 'Auto Return for Website Payments' and check the 'Auto Return' radio button to 'On'.

Go to the 'Return URL:' box and enter http://www.mysite.xyz/CheckoutComplete.aspx (where www.mysite.xyz is your domain name).

Go to 'Payment Data Transfer (optional)' and check the 'Payment Data Transfer:' button to 'On'.

There is a 'Encrypted Website Payments' payments section for which default setting is 'Off'.

There is a 'PayPal Account Optional' section for which default setting is 'On'.

There is a 'Contact Telephone Number' section for which default setting is 'Off'.

There is a 'PayPal Express Checkout Settings' section for which default setting is 'No'.

Click on the 'Save' button.

There is now a maessage that reads:

"You have successfully saved your preferences. Please use the following identity token when setting up Payment Data Transfer on your website. (There now appears a long number very like a hash salt key)"

Don't know what to do with this identity token, please advise.

Next Steps...

Go back to the Profile\My Selling Preferences menu option.

Go to the 'More selling preferences' section at the bottom of the page.

Take the 'PayPal button language encoding' link.

You are now on the 'Language Encoding' page.

There is a 'Your website's language:' drop down options list which should be on a default of 'Western European Languages (including English)'.

Below this there is a 'More Options' button; click this and you are taken to a 'More Encoding Options' page.

There is an 'Encoding:' drop down options list where you will be able to find and select the 'UTF-8' option.

There is an option saying 'Do you want to use the same encoding for data sent from PayPal to you (e.g. IPN, downloadable logs, emails)?' with it's default radio button set to 'Yes'.

Leave this radio button set to 'Yes' and click on the 'Save' button.

Can you please check out my example and update your KB as I want to integrate Kartris v1.3006 with the company's PayPal account!