Data Tool on 64 bit Win 7 not working

Posted By saturation Sat 30 Jul 2011
Add to Favorites0
saturation
 Posted Sat 30 Jul 2011
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (57,374 reputation)Supreme Being - (57,374 reputation)Supreme Being - (57,374 reputation)Supreme Being - (57,374 reputation)Supreme Being - (57,374 reputation)Supreme Being - (57,374 reputation)Supreme Being - (57,374 reputation)Supreme Being - (57,374 reputation)Supreme Being - (57,374 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Fri 30 Nov 2012
I brought this up earlier, unfortunately, in a somewhat unrelated post--so it was left open.   I have been trying to import data from my 64 bit Windows 7 computer, and when I select a file from my folder to import (even the Kartris "exampledata.csv" file), it goes back to the data tool import screen without a file listed in the filename field and I cannot click on anything else because it's as if it didn't recognize the file I picked out.   As well, there are no error messages on the screen (I have used this on 32 bit systems before).  

Any ideas as to why it's like this?   I also tried running as administrator and in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2 just to see if that would work.   No luck.

Any help is appreciated.
Mohammad
 Posted Sat 30 Jul 2011
Kartris Expert

Kartris Expert - (70,131 reputation)Kartris Expert - (70,131 reputation)Kartris Expert - (70,131 reputation)Kartris Expert - (70,131 reputation)Kartris Expert - (70,131 reputation)Kartris Expert - (70,131 reputation)Kartris Expert - (70,131 reputation)Kartris Expert - (70,131 reputation)Kartris Expert - (70,131 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Sun 27 Sep 2015
Which version of DataTool you are using ?

Can you try something for me ? (Nothing will be changed to your db, just a try)
1. Go to kartris language pack here, choose File > Download As > Excel
2. In the data tool, from the main window, select Import/Export language pack file
3. Connect to your kartris db > Select "Import From XLS File" > select any Language
4. Browse the downloaded XLS file

After that,
Can you see/select working sheet ? If so, after selecting the 1st sheet,
Can you select from Columns Mapping below ?

I want you to try .xls rather than .csv in the import/export language pack, as we had that issue before with .xls files - both xls & csv should be handled the same, so your try will be very useful to solve the issue.

Thanks
saturation
 Posted Wed 3 Aug 2011
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (57,374 reputation)Supreme Being - (57,374 reputation)Supreme Being - (57,374 reputation)Supreme Being - (57,374 reputation)Supreme Being - (57,374 reputation)Supreme Being - (57,374 reputation)Supreme Being - (57,374 reputation)Supreme Being - (57,374 reputation)Supreme Being - (57,374 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Fri 30 Nov 2012
Ok, well I got as far as picking the language pack document (I tried in both formats), and this time I at least got an error message.  It appears you are using an Access data connection to pull in the data?  My error message:

"The microsoft.ace.oledb.12.0 provider is not registered on the local machine."

So, after more research on the Internet, the problem is that I have 32 bit Office installed on my 64 bit Windows.   It can't find the provider.   There is a data connection pack downloadable from Microsoft website for 64 bit, but it won't install it unless I uninstall all of Office, which I don't plan on doing.   I can't run the data tool app in 32 bit mode, and I can't get the provider installed on my 64 bit machine without Windows.  

It sounds like, at least for now, I'm going to have to use my friend's 32 bit computer to run the data import.