Using Kartris With ASP

https://forum.kartris.com/Topic7154.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By zenmarc - Thu 26 Sep 2019
I am currently using WordPress for my website and now looking to transfer it to ASP, I have created a WordPress backup due to fear of data loss, How can I migrate in a proper way and use Kartris with the new website?
By Paul - Fri 27 Sep 2019
Kartris is ASP.NET so requires Windows based hosting. Typically wordpress is run on Apache/linux servers.

When you say you backed up your WP site, is your intention to import that into Kartris, or to run kartris alongside WP? WP is a cms primarily, so there is no direct or easy way to pull your data into Kartris.

If you have your own server and know how to configure things, I am pretty sure you can run both ASP.NET and php on the same server. If not, probably the best route would be to run Kartris on separate hosting, using a subdomain like shop.mydomain.xyz and then skin them to look similar, and to cross link to each other.

Kartris has a very simple CMS but it's really designed just for a few information pages like Ts and Cs, privacy policy, etc. which most ecommerce sites have, rather than a full blown content site.