FormLabel_GDPRConfirmText fault

https://forum.kartris.com/Topic7019.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Tiggywiggler - Sun 18 Mar 2018
Hello guys, not sure if the markup needs changing or the DB needs changing so rather than me update the git directly I thought I would post it here and allow the admin to apply the best strategy.

kartrislogin.ascx line 120 has:

Text="<%$ Resources: GDPR, FormLabel_GDPRConfirmText %>"

This causes compiles to fail as the language string has the class name 'kartris', not 'GDPR'. either the class name in the DB needs updating or line 120 of the above mentioned class needs to be changed to:

Text="<%$ Resources: kartris, FormLabel_GDPRConfirmText %>"
By Paul - Wed 4 Apr 2018
I think we had this correct in the update script, but not in the main SQL. So updates would work, but creation from the maindata on a new install would have the issue. We've fixed to this (in other words, rather than fix the control, we've fixed the maindata script, because the update SQL was ok and matched the control correctly):

/*** New language strings  ***/INSERT [dbo].[tblKartrisLanguageStrings] ([LS_FrontBack], [LS_Name], [LS_Value], [LS_Description], [LS_VersionAdded], [LS_DefaultValue], [LS_VirtualPath], [LS_ClassName], [LS_LangID]) VALUES (N'f', N'FormLabel_GDPRConfirmText', N'Please confirm you have read, understand and accept our privacy policy and terms and conditions', NULL, 2.9012, N'', NULL, N'GDPR',1); GO