Parser Errors after install

https://forum.kartris.com/Topic195.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By onthespot - Wed 10 Nov 2010
i went through the install process ok. the web.config file didn't update automatically so i copied the db and salt details into the config file as instructed.

now when i try to go to any page of the new site i get Parser Errors.

when i try to go to default.aspx i get the following

Parser Error Message: The resource object with key 'AdminBar_ViewBackend' was not found

and when i try to go to /admin/default.aspx i get the following

Parser Error Message: The resource object with key 'ContentText_LoginBadUser' was not found.

is it an issue with the web.config file? - the logs dont appear to be help but i would happy to upload them if it's of use
. any help much appreciated. thanks

p.s i am using windows server 2003 with  Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082
By Paul - Wed 10 Nov 2010
In the web config, there is also this section:

<!-- <globalization resourceProviderFactoryType="Kartris.SqlResourceProviderFactory"
 culture="auto" uiCulture="auto" enableClientBasedCulture="true"/> -->

Uncomment that out, i.e.

<globalization resourceProviderFactoryType="Kartris.SqlResourceProviderFactory"
 culture="auto" uiCulture="auto" enableClientBasedCulture="true"/>

This should then tell the site to look at the database as the language resource, and assuming that is set up ok, it should find those elements which the errors say it cannot presently find.

The reason this tag is commented out is that the installer needs to get language resources from another provider (a file) because the db is not set up at that point.
By onthespot - Thu 11 Nov 2010
thanks paul. that did the trick.

i am having some issues importing from my cactus shop site using the data tool but will post on the data tool forum.
By bt99 - Sun 19 Feb 2012
I'm getting the same error: Parser Error Message: The resource object with key 'AdminBar_ViewBackend' was not found.

Database has been created but I don't see the Globalization settings mentioned above by Paul in my web.config.

By SAbow - Sat 20 Jun 2020
any other suggestions of what to try? same issue/error, after copying existing website to new server?
By bpaluch - Sat 20 Jun 2020
Hi, I'm helping Mrs Abow with the website.
I think it's important to note that we upgraded the server from 2012 to 2019

AND
Even stranger,
We reinstalled 2 kartris sites on the same server, and one gets the error and one doesn't
By Paul - Tue 23 Jun 2020
This is almost certainly db connection or permissions. The AdminBar_ViewBackend back end language string is not found because the site cannot connect to the db to pull that through, so this is the first place the code fails. Make sure the connection string is correct, and also check that you have the db user with the right permissions on the database in question. In IIS, typically you would set up each site to run as a different user (for security), but each will need to be granted permissions on the db, and for the specific db that it needs to access.