Cannot assign support tickets to myself

https://forum.kartris.com/Topic1685.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By UKcentric - Tue 3 Jul 2012
A support ticket has arrived on our system (it's our first one).

It is unassigned so we can't reply. On the ticket page in admin, when we click "Me" next to the "Assigned To" drop-down list, nothing happens - it remains unassigned.

Choosing one of the two usernames from the list and clicking "Save" does not work either. It seems we cannot assign the ticket to anybody, and therefore cannot reply.

How is this suppposed to work? Is the screen supposed to change when you click "Me" and give you a reply box or something?

What are we doing wrong?
By Paul - Fri 6 Jul 2012
Can you try logging into the back end and then going to support tickets from there, rather than using the link in the mail, and see if this makes any difference.

Hitting the 'me' button should assign the ticket to you and therefore enable a comments box and timer for the reply.
By UKcentric - Wed 18 Jul 2012
I'm not going in via the emails. I'm already going in via the back-end directly.

Can confirm have just tested this again and it's still not working.

You hit "Me" and the green "Update successful" message appears, but nothing else on the screen changes.
By ianguest - Thu 10 Apr 2014
I have the same issue. Tried tagging ME and assigning via the drop down menu. Also tried to delete the support ticket as this has already been undertaken.