Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:54147

Posted By l4j3 Mon 3 Feb 2014
Add to Favorites0

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:54147

l4j3
 Posted Mon 3 Feb 2014
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (646 reputation)Supreme Being - (646 reputation)Supreme Being - (646 reputation)Supreme Being - (646 reputation)Supreme Being - (646 reputation)Supreme Being - (646 reputation)Supreme Being - (646 reputation)Supreme Being - (646 reputation)Supreme Being - (646 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Tue 4 Feb 2014

Hello all,

I have successfully completed the Kartris installsequence as I (eventually) got the Kartris-Install ‘Step 8 – Setup Complete’page with the notation “Congratulations, you’ve successfully set up yourKartris shopping cart.” I then clicked thepage’s Store admin area (private)link which resulted in another page that prompted me for my Kartris adminpassword. I then returned to the ‘Step 8’page and clicked on the Store frontend (public) link which resulted in the error :

‘Firefox can’t establisha connection to the server at localhost:54147’.

I also tired to connect via the url http://localhost/kartrisdev/ whichresulted in the same error. I then triedthis url from Internet Explorer and got the error “Your not connected to anetwork”.

Any ideas???

Here are some notes about the current state of myKartris environment…

Environment:

§ Win 7 standalone box.

§ IIS 7.5

§ Box exists on Private Network (shows as ‘Unidentifiednetwork’ in Network and Sharing Center).

§ SQL Server 2012

§ Firefox browser (although I also use InternetExplorer whenever I need to ensure that Firefox is not causing an error/problemI encounter).

Note that due to Kartris installation-error fix-attempts,the KartrisDev environment currently:

1. User ‘everyone’ has full permissions on myKartris web directory (along with users ‘Network Service’ and ‘IISAppPool\DefaultAppPool’).

2. Firewall is turned off (for both public &private networks).

I followed the Kartris installation instructions(delineated in User Guide 2.4.2.2. On IIS 7+ with thefollowing exceptions:

1. ‘KartrisDev’was used in place of ‘Kartris’ wherever applicable (database name, folder name,web alias, etc.

2. ‘KartrisDev’ was added as a virtual directoryand then converted to a web application.

a. My ‘KartrisDev’ folder exists on another volume.

3. I didchoose to run Uploads/Resources/kartrisSQL_MainData.sql from SQL Server ManagementStudio.

Thank you!

Paul
 Posted Wed 5 Feb 2014
große Käse

große Käse - (450,024 reputation)große Käse - (450,024 reputation)große Käse - (450,024 reputation)große Käse - (450,024 reputation)große Käse - (450,024 reputation)große Käse - (450,024 reputation)große Käse - (450,024 reputation)große Käse - (450,024 reputation)große Käse - (450,024 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Fri 15 Sep 2023
Do you have any other sites running on the same server? For example, forgetting kartris for now, if you set up a new site in IIS called KartrisDev2, can you access that fine on http://localhost/KartrisDev2/ ?

--
If my post solves your issue, can you 'Mark as Answer' so it's easier for other users to find in future.

If you would like to be informed of new features, new releases, developments and occasional special bonuses, please sign up to our mailing list: http://bit.ly/19sKMZb