v2.9012 Issues

Posted By BORNXenon Thu 12 Apr 2018
Add to Favorites0
BORNXenon
 Posted Thu 12 Apr 2018
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (29,781 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,781 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,781 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,781 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,781 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,781 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,781 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,781 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,781 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Mon 23 Apr 2018
Our site currently runs v2.7001 and is quite heavily modified hence I have shunned updates. However, we need to take advantage of all the GDPR changes in the latest version so I have created a new database, restored our site backup, run all the sql update scripts successfully and then attempted to run a clean version of v2.9012.I expected the odd issue with skins, etc. but in actual fact, I'm not even getting as far as that.

When running the site I get the following error:

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'

This error relates to the following line in the Global.asa file:

AddHandler SiteMap.SiteMapResolve, AddressOf SiteMapHelper.ExpandPathForUnmappedPages

If I comment out the line, I get the same error on the next line, and the next line.
After commenting out all of the SiteMap lines, it then throws the following error:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: 'Invalid object name 'dbo.vKartrisCategoryProductsVersionsLink'.'

I have checked the DB and that particular SQL View is indeed missing. It doesn't exist in my live v2.7001 db so obviously it hasn't been restored to my test DB, but it also hasn't been added by any update script either.

I then did a clean install on a new database and the View does get created so I expected to at least get a running empty site, however, I am still getting the above SiteMap errors.

Any ideas??

Ta

Chris
BORNXenon Marked As Answer
 Posted Fri 13 Apr 2018
Supreme Being

Supreme Being - (29,781 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,781 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,781 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,781 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,781 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,781 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,781 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,781 reputation)Supreme Being - (29,781 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Mon 23 Apr 2018
Think I may have solved this.

Turns out there is an entry in my machine.config file for a 'MySqlSiteMapProvider' which must have been from another project that used WordPress. Adding the following line to the <providers> tag in the web.config file has solved the Null Exception:

<remove name="MySqlSiteMapProvider" />

I still don't have a running site but that's another issue!