Tiered Pricing

https://forum.kartris.com/Topic7099.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By [email protected] - Wed 9 Jan 2019
Hi,

I know that there is a quantity discount that can be set up for a product. This discount is applied to all pieces of the product once the customer hits the price break.
However I am looking to do something a little different. I'd like to have a set price for the first 100 and a seperate price for the next 50 pieces etc.

For example; the first hundred dolls you buy on my site will be $10 and any additional dolls will cost you just $5 each.

Is there a built in option to do this?
By Paul - Thu 10 Jan 2019
There isn't a built in option to do this. For larger quantities, the lower price would be applied to all items in the order.
By [email protected] - Thu 10 Jan 2019
do you have any ideas how i can do this myself with custom coding
By Paul - Thu 10 Jan 2019
I think if you find the stored procedure that finds quantity discount pricing, you could modify that to use your more complex calculation instead.

I think the reason the simpler approach of applying the same price to each item is generally used is that it's far easier for a user to figure out what the price will be. Anyone can easily figure out the price if they buy 40 items at 0.25 each or 50 at 0.22 each. It becomes much harder if you have various numbers of the same item at different prices... would you need to show the customer a breakdown of how you arrived at the total, or do they just trust that your end figure is correct?