Meta Tags for Home Page

https://forum.kartris.com/Topic6526.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By bpaluch - Mon 23 May 2016
Hi, where do I put the meta tag contents for the Kartris Homepage? All the other pages are controlled through the backend, but this seems to need to be entered in the code? Please advise.
By Neil - Tue 24 May 2016
I'm pretty sure you add these to the template.master page in your skin
By Tiggywiggler - Wed 25 May 2016
If you are going to do this on the actual page then it should be done to Default.aspx, Template.Master is loaded for all pages, including those that are controlled by the backend.
By bpaluch - Wed 25 May 2016
I changed it in the language strings by the Default Meta Tag. Once you set that, it picks up on any page that doesn't have anything else. So for now, that's fine for me.
By Paul - Thu 26 May 2016
The front page will display content near the top that is in a custom page called Default. If you don't have a custom page called Default, you can create one.

Then you can edit this and expand the SEO fields section and enter values for the Page Title, description etc. (we generally recommend leaving keywords blank on custom pages as most SEs ignore them, though it can be useful on products because the Kartris search also searches those). The home page will use these SEO values that are set on the custom Default page record.

If you leave these SEO fields blank, it will use the defaults in the language strings instead.
By Tiggywiggler - Wed 1 Jun 2016
Paul's answer is the correct one, I forgot about the 'Custom Pages' section of the admin page.