Any tool to do a large number of product deletes?

https://forum.kartris.com/Topic6478.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By jeffb - Fri 13 May 2016
I have around 30,000 products in my kartris site. I need to delete around 1000 of them that are outdated. It would take a long time to do manually on the admin screens. So I am looking for any tool or function available that will do a "clean" removal of a batch of products. If know there a lot of different related tables that must be removed as well.Thanks for your help.
By Tiggywiggler - Sat 14 May 2016
Jeff,

I do not believe that there is a tool in the system to do this for you. I would do this from the SQL Server database.

Do you have criteria for which products need to be removed so that a query string can be built from this? I'm not suggesting that we write one here but I am curious if there is anything within your need that can be calculated from the backend.
By jeffb - Mon 16 May 2016
Actually, after further researh, I decided to use one of the SQL Server stored procedures: the one called "dbo._spKartrisProducts_Delete".

I wrote a little program which just reads a list of the items in question (product ID's) and for each one it executes the stored procedure.
After testing it appears that this does a clean delete i.e. removes the product from multiple tables needed.

Thanks

By Tiggywiggler - Mon 16 May 2016
Thank you very much for sharing this. I was unaware that this procedure was in the DB.

I will be sure to use this in future too Smile
By Tiggywiggler - Mon 16 May 2016
Thank you very much for sharing this. I was unaware that this procedure was in the DB.

I will be sure to use this in future too Smile