Customers Not Receiving Email After Order

https://forum.kartris.com/Topic6330.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By shulemj - Wed 30 Dec 2015
I attached my current settings. The store owner gets the confirmation email but the consumer not. What am I missing?
By Tiggywiggler - Sat 2 Jan 2016
There are many things that can cause this but my first guess is usually a grey-listed email server See Here. If the admins are in the same domain as the sending server (e.g. an email going from [email protected] to [email protected]) the grey listing is bypassed, this is why I suspect this.

To test this first do this:

Create a new user and have their email address matching one of the admins, then purchase something and see if the email goes through. If it does go through in this case, but not if you set the customer email address to somethign else then grey listing (or even black listing) can be the cause.

You can check your grey / black list status by putting your email server details into an MX record checker (google is your friend here).

You should also check the error log in the root of your website to see if an error is being thrown. These are in the folder Uploads/Logs/Errors and the files are named in a clear fashion.
By shulemj - Tue 5 Jan 2016
Thanks, Tiggywiggler.

It turned out that the customer entered the email address in the backend, but not the SMTP username and password. It worked internally, but not to other domains.
By Tiggywiggler - Fri 8 Jan 2016
It's great to hear that you found a solution and thank you very much for posting your fix up here so that other people can see the solution for the future.

Good luck with your future projects.