Coupon to cover shipping

https://forum.kartris.com/Topic6230.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By pklarquist - Thu 15 Oct 2015
A client requested the ability to issue a coupon code that would result in free shipping.
By shulemj - Fri 31 Mar 2017
I see no one responded, and I have a similar situation. A client wants to offer free shipping for orders over $50. I can't seem to find a solution with coupons or promotions.

Anyone know if it's possible?
By bpaluch - Thu 8 Jun 2017
Hi, did either of you end up coding this? I have the same request, I think I once did it for a customer ,but I don't remember who it was ,and whether it was old (Cactushop) or new (Kartris)

Basically I added a new 'coupon type' called free shipping (s), and if they used that, I kept resetting the shipping to 0 no matter what it was calculated to be.
By Supermac - Mon 3 Jul 2017
If I understand your needs , you can set free shipping working on shipment tariffs in backend: you can set shipment cost = 0 for orders' value > an amount you decide.

I think isn't possible to create a coupon to reduce automatically to 0 shipment costs (whichever their amount is) without write code...
By Tiggywiggler - Sat 8 Jul 2017
Shulem,

Within the backend go to:

Regional Setup > Shipping > Shipping Methods >

For the shipping method set the price of shipping for orders up to $50, and then where it says "All Higher Orders" set the price to zero.
By Tiggywiggler - Sat 8 Jul 2017
There is currently no arrangement that allows for a zero shipping coupon.

In reality it is difficult to do (although not impossible) because of the different ways in which tax may or may not be applied to shipping in different countries.
By shulemj - Sun 9 Jul 2017
This issue is with automated shipping rates (i.e. UPS integration), to offer a free shipping coupon code or automatic waiver if order is above $x. Very common on today'sword of eCommerce.