Discount After Checkout

https://forum.kartris.com/Topic6226.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By GuyB - Sat 10 Oct 2015
If someone orders by a post paid method (eg cash on pickup), is it possible to apply a discount to their order after they have placed it?

I like to give closer friends a little discount on their orders but at the moment I have to enter in the payments that they paid the full amount when I might have given them a certain $ discount so actually received less.

Cheers

Guy
By Paul - Mon 12 Oct 2015
You can edit an order after it is made, but that is generally to change items within it. I think it might be possible to create a coupon and apply this to alter the total, though it's a bit convoluted.

If you expect friends to order, you could just send them coupons for the fixed amount discount (set it to single-use, unless you want them to use it multiple times)
By GuyB - Tue 13 Oct 2015
I thought of coupons however the obvious reason they won't work is that I don't know what or how much they will order so I don't know how much to make the coupon out for.

Its not exactly unusual for an ordering system to have the ability to enter a manual discount to an order, it does seem like basic feature for a shop system and I can't imagine it would be rocket science to add.

In the mean time I have to have orders on the system which I enter I received an amount I didn't.

Cheers

Guy
By Supermac - Fri 16 Oct 2015
You can even apply a % discount specific for your friends setting it in customer detail's page in backend... in this way the entity of discount would be proportional to their order's amount