Pixelated thumbs

https://forum.kartris.com/Topic563.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By UKcentric - Tue 17 May 2011
My thumbs are all pixelated!

We're uploading product images about 400 x 400 pixels, but the thumbnails are very poor quality.

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks.
By Paul - Wed 18 May 2011
Could you post a screenshot or link here so we can see how pixelated? I've not seen any issues previously with the thumbnail code - it sounds very curious. I don't think the size setting on the images should matter - the only time I tend to see pixelation is if you have large view images which are bigger than the large images you're uploading. It's never good to increase the size of images as the quality will decrease. But that tends to result in blurring rather than pixelization from what I have seen.
By UKcentric - Wed 25 May 2011
Here it is.
By Paul - Thu 26 May 2011
It looks like only the second thumbnail is pixelated, and the first is ok. Is this the case? It's curious that the same code would produce one thumbnail ok, and another with a problem. Could you attach the 400px square image you're uploading here so I can test locally with it. I guess it is conceivable that it is something in the particular codec used that is causing a problem, although I haven't seen this happen before.
By clifford-pabs - Fri 27 May 2011
Or maybe its possible it was a low res (below 400px) image that was stretched. In which case it would be pixelated whether it was uploaded or not. Curious.....hmmmm